Looking for Headphones, Studio and basic Listening For $300 and $200 for DEEP HOUSE
May 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

OgSteeb

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I've been searching for audio equipment for a few months and hot damn is it hard to pinpoint what you really want so I've decided to make a thread.

I'm looking for two pairs of headphone, one for studio production uses and and one pair for general listening purposes.

Lets start with the Studio headphones. I don't know squat about studio headphone specifics, and when I checked a few out at Best Buy it showed me I really need to learn a little more about them. I'm into deep house, which is controlled  by the sub-bass and so I need to have some headphone's more tailored to the lower end of the sound spectrum, but I still really want to be able to have those tight high crisp sounds deliverable. I'm willing to spend about $300, wouldn't want to go much higher. I ALREADY KNOW I SHOULD USE STUDIO MONITORS INSTEAD, but I that's in the works for later so please don't recommend monitors, this is for studio headphones. In terms of brands, I have no idea where to start so help me out if you can.

For the General Listening pair I hope things will be a little easier. My main issue, is I'm really ****** tired of made-to-break headphones. I'm also tired of bass trying to be "SO FAT" on the headphones end. I want my headphones to deliver good clean bass, and let the producer make it fat if it needs to be. I've been through years of planned-obsolescence SkullCandy and Sony headphones and would feel utterly stupid spending my money on more. I just want something that gives good basic clean sound, with nice sub-bass(necessary) but not over eq'd, and mainly, that will not break for the next five years if given proper and normal care. I'm thinking of getting some audio technicATH-A700x, but once again I haven't heard anything about these. I'm willing to spend $200 on these, 250$ at very most.

Let me know anything you can to help my search or if you know a certain pair that would be perfect.

Remember
DEEP HOUSE

Thanks very much for any and all replies.

Best Regards,
Stefan

May 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the response. Do you know what kind of music/sounds these do sound best with? and how would you compare them to some Audio Technica ATH - M50's? If you can't that's fine but anyone else have any ideas on this?

May 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 5
Id say everything sounds great. The sound is so balanced that its suited for everything.

It has less bass than the m50, more mids, more treble. Everything is like 2 times clearer, espevially the mids, and the sound stage is massive.

May 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 5
I like the Sony MDR XB-1000 for House. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back