Looking for Headphones, Studio and basic Listening For $300 and $200 for DEEP HOUSE
May 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

OgSteeb

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I've been searching for audio equipment for a few months and hot damn is it hard to pinpoint what you really want so I've decided to make a thread.

I'm looking for two pairs of headphone, one for studio production uses and and one pair for general listening purposes.

Lets start with the Studio headphones. I don't know squat about studio headphone specifics, and when I checked a few out at Best Buy it showed me I really need to learn a little more about them. I'm into deep house, which is controlled  by the sub-bass and so I need to have some headphone's more tailored to the lower end of the sound spectrum, but I still really want to be able to have those tight high crisp sounds deliverable. I'm willing to spend about $300, wouldn't want to go much higher. I ALREADY KNOW I SHOULD USE STUDIO MONITORS INSTEAD, but I that's in the works for later so please don't recommend monitors, this is for studio headphones. In terms of brands, I have no idea where to start so help me out if you can.

For the General Listening pair I hope things will be a little easier. My main issue, is I'm really ****** tired of made-to-break headphones. I'm also tired of bass trying to be "SO FAT" on the headphones end. I want my headphones to deliver good clean bass, and let the producer make it fat if it needs to be. I've been through years of planned-obsolescence SkullCandy and Sony headphones and would feel utterly stupid spending my money on more. I just want something that gives good basic clean sound, with nice sub-bass(necessary) but not over eq'd, and mainly, that will not break for the next five years if given proper and normal care. I'm thinking of getting some audio technicATH-A700x, but once again I haven't heard anything about these. I'm willing to spend $200 on these, 250$ at very most.

Let me know anything you can to help my search or if you know a certain pair that would be perfect.

Remember
DEEP HOUSE

Thanks very much for any and all replies.

Best Regards,
Stefan

May 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 5

OgSteeb

New Head-Fier
Thanks for the response. Do you know what kind of music/sounds these do sound best with? and how would you compare them to some Audio Technica ATH - M50's? If you can't that's fine but anyone else have any ideas on this?

May 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 5

Trunks159

Headphoneus Supremus
Id say everything sounds great. The sound is so balanced that its suited for everything.

It has less bass than the m50, more mids, more treble. Everything is like 2 times clearer, espevially the mids, and the sound stage is massive.

May 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 5

Epoch789

New Head-Fier
I like the Sony MDR XB-1000 for House. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread