Looking for headphones, please support me :)
Nov 1, 2009 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

UnD

New Head-Fier
Hey, first of all, im new at those forums ^^ i've read much things about this website, people telling others that this is the best one to read and to consult and so on ^^ so i decided to ask you all, since you seem to be the best
biggrin.gif

Currently i'm just a noob on all of this, i just LOVE listening to music, and i'm searching a good headphones, since i've lost my last ones and can spend more money on a new ones

I can spend aproximately 120-180€ for good headphones, and i'd like to know your opinion about which one's are the best for this price.

I've read good things about Sennheiser HD 595 but well, i dont know much about headphones and maybe there are any better for this price
biggrin.gif

I mainly use them for listening to music, techno, electro, but well, i often listen to other kind of music too =)

Sorry if i wrote anything bad in english
smily_headphones1.gif
and hope you can support me finding "my perfect headphones"
biggrin.gif

See you soon and thanks!

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 28
The problem is we don't know your priorities overall. Do you want a wide soundstage, in your face music, bass impact/slam or tight but not in your face? Do you want sparkle, or do you prefer that it be held to a minimum (gives some people headaches, like me). Do you want it to seem warm or analytical so to speak? Do you demand accuracy, or are you subjective? Must they be easy to drive, or will they require an amp? What are you using as a source? Do you prefer over-ear, on-ear, or in ear (IEMs)? How important is weight and comfort? Do looks matter?

Things like that makes it much harder suggesting headphones. We need to have a good chunk of those answered to get an idea of what you want.

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 28
i said i was a newb hehe so i didnt exactly know how to ask for it
biggrin.gif
but well, thanks! ill start another time then (answering all what u told me to say):

-I'd like to feel the music, i mean, i'd like to be in the disco while i listen to them
-It would be nice if i feel the bass impact, i mean, not a wierd bass sensation, just a good one. For example, my last pair of headphones were Sennheiser HD 435, and well, bass wasn't it stronges characteristic. As i said, i listen to all kind of music, but the kind of music that i listen much, is Electro, Electro-house, and so, but i wouldn't like a bass-based headphones, because that results (usually) in a low resolution in mids and highs.
-I dont know what's sparkle :'(, i've searched this on the dictionary and sparkle "means" light effects or so? (if answer is yes, no, i dont want sparkles)
-I'd like my headphones to seem elegant, just it, not like a TOY, for me appearance is sthing important (not the most, of course) but well, its important
smily_headphones1.gif

-I'd prefer that they don't require an amp, coz as long as i use it for working on my career, less things to carry means "Thanks"
-I'd like them to be "big", aproximately the size of my old HD 435.
-Source? i'm using mostly my Notebook and my mp3 player ^^, ipod and mobile phone (sony ericsson x1 xperia)
-about over ear, on ear or in ear, i'd prefer to have one like the HD 448 or HD 595, that means circum-aural ? dunno rly hehe, coz my hold HD 435 were supra-aural and well.. most of sound went off.
-Weight isnt for me THAAAAT important, but well, if i had to choose wether same headphones, i'd choose the ones whose weight were less ^^
-Looks matters, ye ^^ as i said before

BTW: I've watching forums etc, and maybe my solution are:

Senn HD 448
Senn HD 595

Both get all my priorities, but now's the part of sound quality, amps, etc.
Could you tell me which from those 2 would you get? and why? and well, as long as i said what you told me, maybe there are other better to watch?

Thank you really !!!

EDITTT:

last thing that i consider SO important !

I had also Sennheiser HD 205, those "DJ edition" or so, and i had to change them, because they hurt my head, i mean, they press much my head, and after 30minutes of listening to music i had headache!

Im used to listening to music much and MUCH!

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 28
Sparkle is kind of like a bit of ringing off like cymbals. Some interpret it as detail and others dislike it for being fatiguing similar to compression artifacts. It usually is caused by an exaggerated treble peak. If you liked the Senn's treble than you probably don't want sparkle.

If you want a generally natural phone with a good amount of bass impact I imagine something from Ultrasone would be up your alley from what I hear. They are also extremely easy to drive.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience using them in practice . . . so hopefully someone can chip in at this point. Also, their looks are all over the board too so that may play in as well.

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome.

I suggest considering an Ultrasone. Search Head-Fi for "Ultrasone" and read up on the various models. Perhaps the HFI580 or HFI780 or whatever one is within your budget. Search "HFI580" and "HFI780". Be sure to consider opinions on their performance without additional amplification.

hmm thank you for your answer ! ive been reading for a while about those 2, but well, i'm searching headphones that cover all my ear, instead of putting on it :p ^^

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 28
You're welcome. The HFI580 and HFI780 fit around the ears, circumaural; they cover all of the ear. They do not fit on the ears, supraural.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm thank you for your answer ! ive been reading for a while about those 2, but well, i'm searching headphones that cover all my ear, instead of putting on it :p ^^

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude . . . he said he doesn't want sparkle and actually wants bass impact.

This is not the time for Grados.

But for VALIENTE, every time is Grado time!
rolleyes.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #12 of 28
Beyerdynamic DT770's are great, detailed yet bassy. I tried a demo pair for a good 30 minutes and was impressed by the songs. They do well in your favorite genres of music.

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude . . . he said he doesn't want sparkle and actually wants bass impact.

This is not the time for Grados.

I think he mentioned them because the OP isn't really sure what he/she wants. If anything, they are a step in the right direction.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtype2011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he mentioned them because the OP isn't really sure what he/she wants. If anything, they are a step in the right direction.

I disagree. If a treble peak or "sparkle" gives him a headache then there was no point in upgrading besides finding out or reaffirming what they don't like. To me that's just burning money IMO.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But for VALIENTE, every time is Grado time!
rolleyes.gif

Ding. In fact they are everything he doesn't want in headphones. I can't think of anything more wrong with that recommendation.

Looks like OP is going to be headed for something like the DT770s, Q40s, or HFI 780s. Only thing I can add to that is that he would probably like the DT770s over the Q40s because of comfort. That said you can always put the DT770 pads on the Q40s....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back