Looking for headphones for gaming and music
May 10, 2015 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Budderped

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some (very) bassy headphones for music. I also want to game on it, mainly for Skype calls, so I want it to be comfortable to use for long periods of time (preferably over-ear), I do not play FPS games, and I don't have a dedicated sound card, so 5.1/7.1 surround is not required. I have a dedicated microphone, and I want something durable and loud enough. I have g230 or razer kraken in my mind, as they fit in my budget. However, the g230 looks too flimsy to be durable, and does not have bass emphasis, the razer looks good, has strong bass, but is poorly built. What are your recommendations?

May 11, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Most people here prefer regular headphones for gaming. Have you seen this guide?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-4-8-2015-full-x2-review-update

May 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 6
I know people are looking for regular headphones, you do not have to remind me. I am looking for regular headphones that can be used for gaming as well

Sorry. But I didn't know what you know, and you talked exclusively about the g230 or razer kraken, which are not gaming headsets.

So that gaming headphone guide would be good to look through for regular headphones that work well for gaming.

May 12, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 6
What's your budget? I'd go ask in the basshead threads for ideas, personally. http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/.

May 12, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 6
well, ive been experienced with some headswts and headphones at the lower price and i can kinda give you a good way, I had the Siberia v3, Siberia v2, Sony xb600, ue4000 and the Razer Electra, from all of these the UE4000 is the winner for portability and quality sound, while the xb600 is a better purchase for bass and soundstage.
Do not get any close to the Siberia, tons of problems so don't take the risk, and the quality of the audio isn't that good so its a lose lose.
Comfort wise the xb600 wins everyday.
I had the Razer Electra and people say that the kraken cans are the same with more bass, so, not a good idea, Electra were meh, like beats, so more bass won't help it will make it worse.
I would suggest the Sony v55 with velour pads under 60, if not go for the MDR v6 or UE6000.
Did I forget that the xb600 are made for bass?
Edit: I'm a noon I had some probs with the quote... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back