1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for headphones around 1000 USd

1. TheJudge1
    So I'm looking for some headphones around 1000usd like the title says. Currently I own Campfire Audio Vega's and am looking for some over ears that compliment them.

I listen to pretty much everything but lately I listen to a lot of modern female vocal heavy pop (Meg Meyers, Melanie Martinez, Marina and the Diamonds) and modern rock (Paramore, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dead Sara). Also I listen to jazz, classical and singer songwriter stuff (think Jack Johnson).

I'm looking for something that's more musical but also resolving and detailed. I enjoy the intimacy of the Vegas and how they draw you into music. They are a bit base heavy, which I enjoy on a lot of my music but it can get a bit overwhelming at times, especially in some jazz pieces and acoustic tracks. So, I want something that has a similar realism (if not better) and musicality but maybe not as warm (I assume the Vegas are warm but I'm really awful at determining sound signatures).

Also, I own a Chord Mojo which would be nice to use, so I don't have to buy another amp but I am willing to if I must.
    Someone recently recommended the ZMF Eikons but the opinions I found were slightly conflicting and confusing. Also I've heard good things about the Focal Elear's (of course) but now I'm not sure of they will suit my needs.

Also, I get I should go try pairs out but I live in a small town in the mountains and the nearest audio shop where I can try cans out is about 350 miles, so its not really practical for me to go there.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017