Looking for head-phone for my Samsung galaxy note up to 100$
May 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

yohaib86

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Today my samsung galaxy head-phone damaged, this is great time to buy new one!.
Before that I had Sennheiser HD 485 that was really good head-phone but after long use my ears start to pain(a little) but I really really love the sound.

I looking head-phone for electronic music most focus on Bass and melody. it's really hard to decide because there are plenty of type.
Please help me to decide what head-phone to buy.

Tnx guys!

May 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 13
Hello!

If that's the case, I would highly recommend you to go for the HD439 with best bass out of the HD4xx, pretty big to me and does not bleed most importantly. It is a very good headphone for house/electronic music under $100

Hope this help!
Billson :)

May 28, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 13
Keeping in mind that you want to use it for a phone, I'd recommend the Marshall Major FX for about $86. Great separation and soundstage to go with a tremendously weighty and detailed bass. Comparing it to a V-Moda M-80 I'd say it has the M-80 mids with slightly better separation with a lot more bass, so it has a really full warm sound. It's sounds like what V-Moda unsuccessfully went for with the M-100. 

It's also louder than anything else I've heard under $100, so it will sound awesome even without a headphone amp, but absolutely sensational with one. 

May 28, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

It's also louder than anything else I've heard under $100, so it will sound awesome even without a headphone amp, but absolutely sensational with one. 

Do keep in mind that, the amp does not necessarily only make the headphone sound "louder" it also helps improve the sound quality. 

Billson 

May 29, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #6 of 13
Do keep in mind that, the amp does not necessarily only make the headphone sound "louder" it also helps improve the sound quality. 

Billson 

That's basically what the sentence you quoted means.................

May 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 13
Hi guys,

thanks for the helping.

Someone here recommend on the Sony xb500 the problem is I cannot find it on shop in israel ;(

I did little resarch about this mdr xb500 and all agreed the headphone has quliaty bass.

I would like to try sony head-phone and there is limited model in israel.

Sony MDRV55 , MDR-V700DJ , MDR ZX600 .

or the Sennheiser still better? 

The bass quality is very important to me.

May 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 13
I have the HD439 and even though it sounds fairly neutral, its bass is adequate enough to enjoy bassy stuff. I have a crap ton of Daft Punk, Deadmau5, some dubstep, and hiphop on my playlist and the HD439 doesn't fail me in those. The light clamp and fabric earpads also make them veeeeeeeeeery comfortable.

May 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #11 of 13
Hello!

In terms of bass, you mean quality or quantity? they are very different and often cause a bit of confusion. If for quality, HD439 is a great pair of headphone! it is also very comfortable

Billson :)

May 30, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #13 of 13
AFAIK, the HD439 is only an aesthetic upgrade from the HD438 so you can probably save some money by getting the HD438 instead if you can find it. The wheel design may turn you off though, lol.

I haven't heard the HD485 so I can't make any comparisons, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back