Looking for guidance, replacing Momentum Original
May 12, 2020 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Marubex01

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am a noob here, looking for some guidance. I need a straight forward set up. Something I could run straight out from the phone.

I currently have:

Sennheiser Momentum Over ear, Original model circa 2014. They get uncomfortable very fast. The head band has so little padding and the pads are so small they feel like a cross between on ears and over ears.

I also have a pair of shure 425, which I mostly use for travel.

I like the sound of the momentums a quite a bit more.

Where do you suggest I start looking. Budget around $300 US, though could probably stretch a bit.

Thanks

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 3
Anyone?
As you may imply from my post, i am new here, not an audiophile.
These are my only pair of over ear headphones, though i have listened to my daughter‘s Bose QC35, and dont like the sound, though they are feel pretty comfortable.
I like the momentum, as they seem to me that I can hear things i could not with the bose, those seemed ”muddy?”. Anyway my problems are these are not comfortable, i have average sized ears and the pads are just not big enough, my right ear specially starts to burn after about 20 minutes, and the head band starts to dig into my skull, changing positions allow me to wear them for max an hour, but they are really never comfortable.
I wear glasses btw
Looking for something that sound similar to the momentum original, has nice imaging and separation but is relaxed in the highs. Closed back
COMFORTABLE
Budget is around $200 USD
Been reading the forums but don't know which sort of sound signature to look for?
TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back