Looking for great headphones under $150
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vistarox

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has been asked already.

Anyways, my headphones just broke, so I'm in the market for new ones. I'm certainly not an audiophile, but I am looking for a pair that sounds fairly decent. I'm also looking for ones that are somewhat durable, portable (some of the studio monitors I've seen are quite bulky) and that have a design that aren't a total eyesore. 

After some shopping around, the SOL Republic Tracks HDs seem like the best option for me. All the parts are removable which means that if a part does break I won't be out of $150. And the audio quality is apparently good for something in the price range. 

So does anybody have any thoughts on the Tracks HD or can recommend something that may be better?

Thanks everyone!

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 7
Just to let you know, style and sound don't always go hand-in-hand.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Hey everyone!

I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has been asked already.

Anyways, my headphones just broke, so I'm in the market for new ones. I'm certainly not an audiophile, but I am looking for a pair that sounds fairly decent. I'm also looking for ones that are somewhat durable, portable (some of the studio monitors I've seen are quite bulky) and that have a design that aren't a total eyesore. 

After some shopping around, the SOL Republic Tracks HDs seem like the best option for me. All the parts are removable which means that if a part does break I won't be out of $150. And the audio quality is apparently good for something in the price range. 

So does anybody have any thoughts on the Tracks HD or can recommend something that may be better?

Thanks everyone!

What kind of music do you listen to? Do they need to be portable? Do you want open or closed? Do you have an amp?

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
For rock or similar types of music, I think the Grado 125i might fit the bill.

I agree with the Grado 125i. Also, the Audio Technica ATHM50 might be a good option. I'm only offering these types of headphones because I am assuming he doesn't have any other equipment and just wants to be able to plug into his computer or iPod.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #7 of 7
He said he wants it portable, grados are out of the question.
Get either the AKG K167, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, or v-moda m80. I only have the k167 and dt770, but the dt770 apparently is 'better' than the Custom One Pro. Everyone seems to love the v-moda. I only tried it for like 5 min, and they sounded nice. Not k167 nice but nice. They're build is awesome, and they're absolutely beautiful. The k167 is also sturdy, but it doesn't have the materials the m80 has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back