Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Oct 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #91 of 98
Quote:
Thanks guys! Hey rocko1. Did you read my older post on this page about how the clicking went away inmy xb500s when I played it at a higher bitrate? Does any one know why that is?

Hmm. Not sure why. As long as it doesn't happen again, you should be ok. No more pink noise for break in. :wink: 

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #95 of 98
http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/noise/signs.htm

Read this.

I wouldn't listen to anything at a pretty high level for any length of time. Take it from someone who has hearing damage from headphone, concert and car stereo's being too loud. If I could do it all over again, I would be much more careful and not have a cavalier attitude about it.

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #96 of 98
http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/noise/signs.htm

Read this.

I wouldn't listen to anything at a pretty high level for any length of time. Take it from someone who has hearing damage from headphone, concert and car stereo's being too loud. If I could do it all over again, I would be much more careful and not have a cavalier attitude about it.

So how do I know what level is ok to set the volume? The iPod touch just gives a bar and does t measure it I decibels. Don't the xb500s go up to about 100 or so decibels? So can't I just divide 100 by the number of bar settings in the volume to get the decibel volume? Given the dynamic range is similar during all songs?

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #97 of 98
Quote:
So how do I know what level is ok to set the volume? The iPod touch just gives a bar and does t measure it I decibels. Don't the xb500s go up to about 100 or so decibels? So can't I just divide 100 by the number of bar settings in the volume to get the decibel volume? Given the dynamic range is similar during all songs?

Now way to really gauge it exactly without a SPL meter. I never go past 75% on my iPhone for what thats worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back