Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Oct 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #46 of 98
It could just be the source clipping, or drivers bottoming out. In any case, did you set the headphones to very high levels?

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #47 of 98
It could just be the source clipping, or drivers bottoming out. In any case, did you set the headphones to very high levels?

When I used pink noise I did set the headphones to a decently high level. Not too loud but pretty loud. And when I used the headphones to listen to dubstep I listened to it almost as loud as I set the pink noise.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #48 of 98
Quote:
When I used pink noise I did set the headphones to a decently high level. Not too loud but pretty loud. And when I used the headphones to listen to dubstep I listened to it almost as loud as I set the pink noise.

You should've set them slightly higher than what you usually set for listening, not too much beyond that. Basically I'm saying you should break them in easily. And drop the pink noise, use music.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #50 of 98
Try different tracks and adjust levels to see if it continues happening.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #52 of 98
When I try different tracks then it stops happening at all levels. But on the tracks that it does click, it keeps clicking regardless of the level. If I burn them in more using music, will the clicking go away?

Are the tracks where you hear those clicks low quality recordings?

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #53 of 98
You said you got the XB's for 52?
I suggest you spare $30 and get the Panasonics for comparison.

I honestly don't know why people keep recommending the XB500's when the Panasonics are better.
Only disadvantage to them is that it is semi-open meaning AT CERTAIN LEVELS, your neighbor will hear your music.

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #55 of 98
Quote:
There 192kbps

Check whether you have any sort of equalization active on the background, it seems the signal might be too boosted, causing your issues. Also, try the headphones on other devices, as well as trying different headphones on those problematic tracks.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #56 of 98
Ok well I don't have any EQs turned on or anything. The track sounds fine when I listened to in using my titans and it seems like it clicks on "drum" notes only. Or when there's a lot of mids, highs, and lows together at the same time. I can listen to pure bass boosted songs with no clicking whatsoever but on some songs like vava boom (bassnectar) vision (gemini) or bass cannon (flux pavilion) it have a lot of litle clicking noises. But I can listen to songs like timestretch (bassnectar) and bass head bass boosted (bassnectar) with minimal clicking. (Timestretch has none at all) all of these songs where played at 192kbps. With no EQ on my iPod touch.

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #57 of 98
don't mean to confuse things but i just tried jvc ha-s600 after hearing *some* good things about it on here and having a generally positive opinion of jvc's products.  i'm actually pretty surprised at their capability.  got them for 30 bucks so don't expect miracles, but they seem pretty damn bass heavy (at least to my untuned ears), not OVERLY boomy but actually a damn good sense of space and surprising capability with detail and instrument separation.  the highs are pretty subdued so if you're expecting Grado-like energy for rock they don't provide that, but they do serve pretty well in the bass department.  if quantity is all you're after they definitely don't beat the XB500s, but they cover the whole spectrum pretty well, and serve their purpose as a warm, laid-back headphone pretty well.  consider them a Bose Triport that's reasonably priced. :D

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #58 of 98
Quote:
Ok well I don't have any EQs turned on or anything. The track sounds fine when I listened to in using my titans and it seems like it clicks on "drum" notes only. Or when there's a lot of mids, highs, and lows together at the same time. I can listen to pure bass boosted songs with no clicking whatsoever but on some songs like vava boom (bassnectar) vision (gemini) or bass cannon (flux pavilion) it have a lot of litle clicking noises. But I can listen to songs like timestretch (bassnectar) and bass head bass boosted (bassnectar) with minimal clicking. (Timestretch has none at all) all of these songs where played at 192kbps. With no EQ on my iPod touch.

If you have access to another source like a computer try that. But since it clicks on your Titans as well, I don't think the XB500s are the problem.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #60 of 98
Quote:
I'm sorry I ment to say that the titans don't click on the songs. Rather the XB500s click on everything I said above.

It's the source.
Believe it or not. A lot of dubstep songs have that clicking in the back. Most especially if they are not high quality recordings.

Almost always it is timed with the beat of the song.
I noticed them when as I got more detailed/revealing iems and headphones.

So. maybe it's just testament that despite the hella bass and "muted" mids and highs, the XB500s are better than your titans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back