Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Oct 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #31 of 98
If you wanna stay within budget, go with the XB500s. Although be careful of fakes on Amazon! B&H has them for almost the same price, and they're guaranteed genuine. If you're willing to stretch your budget a little, I would highly recommend the Creative Aurvana Live. Nice EDM cans with plenty of detail. And I do recommend paying the little extra. In the audio world, it's always a good idea to go a little farther. You'll be satisfied for longer rather than buying the merely decent set of cans, still serviceable, but they leave you wanting more.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #32 of 98
Ok so I just got my xb500 and I love it so far. I'm just wondering if I should burn it in or not using an app called "burn in" in App Store. (There are 2 frequencys, white noise and pink noise. I'm just wondering if I should burn them in and if so how long?

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #33 of 98
Quote:
Ok so I just got my xb500 and I love it so far. I'm just wondering if I should burn it in or not using an app called "burn in" in App Store. (There are 2 frequencys, white noise and pink noise. I'm just wondering if I should burn them in and if so how long?

Just listen to them normally, and possibly leave them playing when not listening during an initial period, and they will burn in naturally.

I haven't heard the XB500 requiring many hours, though.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #35 of 98
Quote:
So are you saying I should burn my headphones in like overnight when I'm asleep or not using it?

Yes. Leave music playing at a slightly higher volume than you usually listen to.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #38 of 98
Quote:
Or should I just burn them in by playing a playlist of my music and putting it on repeat?

Yep. Just a playlist with multiple songs is fine. I've even just set my entire library on repeat and shuffle, figuring that will give 'em a good variety of music. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #39 of 98
Quote:
Ok so when I burn them in, how long should I burn them in and should I use more "white noise" to burn them in or "pink noise"to burn them in?

Just let music run slightly louder than your average listening levels when you go to sleep or aren't using them, and listen to them as you would, and they will burn in by themselves. I honestly don't think pink or white noise is required.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #40 of 98
Just let music run slightly louder than your average listening levels when you go to sleep or aren't using them, and listen to them as you would, and they will burn in by themselves. I honestly don't think pink or white noise is required.

Ok well I'm using pink noise in them at the moment and the reason is because pink noise is a noise that uses all frequencies 20 to 20000. So in a sence, it's burning in all frequency levels at the same time and evenly. Am I right?

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #41 of 98
Quote:
Ok well I'm using pink noise in them at the moment and the reason is because pink noise is a noise that uses all frequencies 20 to 20000. So in a sence, it's burning in all frequency levels at the same time and evenly. Am I right?

Careful with pink noise. It has been known to blow drivers. Just use music.

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #42 of 98
Quote:

If you want to make sure you're doing an even burn in, get high quality classical music recordings, that go through the entire spectrum, and don't pose a risk for drivers. But even regular (read, without much compression) music will work just fine.

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #43 of 98
Ok so I've burned my xb500 I for about 2 hours now using pink noise and I'm starting to notice some clicking sounds on very intense bass songs. It will only click on the bass heavy parts. Is this normal? And will this come out after I burn them in? Also, roller, are you saying that pink noir can damage the diaphram drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back