Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Oct 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 98
Quote:
Alright we'll it looks like I'm goin to go with the XB500s. I just had 1 more question. How much noise cancelation does the XB500 have? And how much noise leakage is there?

Not much noise isolation, surprisingly. I thought the pillows would smother my ears, but I was still able to hear people talk in the store. From ljokerl's review, I gather that there is some amount of leakage at higher volumes.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #18 of 98
Quote:
Jvc fx101 is 15-20$ and has epic bass with great mids and highs try them out first and save alot of money
smily_headphones1.gif

The highs will makes your ears bleed. Very sibilant.

Get the XB500's and be done. Extremely comfortable.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #20 of 98
Quote:
Has anyone even tested the jvc fx101?

Had them. Insane bass, tight, powerfull and plenty of it. The highs will make your ears bleed. Way too bright and piercing. Can't listen to them more than 2 songs.  Burn in did not help. Sad, because the bass is the best I have heard in an IEM.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #21 of 98
Given the OP's specified budget, there are little alternatives that fit his preferences, and IEMs simply won't cut it when compared to the XB500. Also, do keep in mind they are a set that handled EQing quite well.

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #22 of 98
I would say they block out a good percentage of outside noise because of the overwhelming bass, but it also leaks sound as well...not sure how much though. I would say one of the downsides to the XB500's is that if you have big ears then they might not fit into the pads.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #24 of 98
Quote:
Does anyone know how good the soundcard is on the iPod touch 4g running iOS 6? Also can you tell a big difference between 192kbps audio and like 320kbps?

the higher kbps the better. I stop noticing a difference around 256kbps though. I think the iPod has a very good sound chip for a portable device too but i'm not sure.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #26 of 98
Quote:
I'm currently using the skull candy titans in ear headphones. Will I notice a big difference between the XB500 and them?

Yes, you will. The Titans-which I own also-are a bit rolled off on the highs as the XB500's are, but the bass and overalll sound with the XB's will be much better. I would get them now as they are being discontinued.

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #27 of 98
Yes, you will. The Titans-which I own also-are a bit rolled off on the highs as the XB500's are, but the bass and overalll sound with the XB's will be much better. I would get them now as they are being discontinued.

Thanks for the info. I just ordered the XB500s off amazon yesterday. For $52. I think this is a really good price because the retail is $80. Anyways I wanted to thank everyone that helped with me deciding a good headphone to buy. Like I said before, I'm new to this forum but I saw that this thread got over 350 views. Is that a lot or is it just average? Anyways thanks a lot all of you again for your help. :)

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #29 of 98
Good choice, the XBs are very good and with an EQ you can tweak it to a flatter frequency response, there's another thread on here that went into some extensive testing with EQ curves, also if you ever get bored of them, pick up an Amp/DAC and they come alive with a bigger soundstage and more authoritative thump, or for a lot less money, there are a few apps on iTunes from Denon, JVC, SRS, and BBE that are fun to play with and can often simulate the effects you get from an amp/DAC, the JVC/SRS app is free to try, I personally like the BBE SonicMax Pro app with the XB500.

Here's an example of the suggested EQ settings from the other thread, sorry I didn't keep track of the author of the post...

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #30 of 98
The poster specifically said he did not want big a** cans. the XB500 are pretty obnoxiously large.. You can look at the Sennheiser HD 419's theyre $59.99, if you were willing to spend $80, you can buy the Sennhesier HD 429's which are more for bass. Or if you are more into On-Ear headphones, you can try the Sennheiser HD 219. They aren't bass headphones, but they have better bass than apples ear pods, and even most of skullcandy's headphones.

HD 219:  http://www.sennheiserusa.com/on-ear-headphones-hd-219-portables-mid-size_504784

HD 419:  http://www.sennheiserusa.com/around-ear-headphones-portables-hd-419-mid-size_504173

HD 429:  http://www.sennheiserusa.com/over-ear-headphones-portables-hd-429-mid-size_504763

Users who are viewing this thread

Back