Looking for gaming fitting headphones
May 25, 2017 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

michael0408

New Head-Fier
Hello there,
Today I am looking for a new headphone, I am currently owning a HD 600 which I use for my computer. When I play games I prefer to not hear outside noises and that is the reason why I want to buy a seond headphone. I already got the B&O H6 2nd generation and it sounds very good and laidback. My only problem is the small ear pad and after a while the headphone starts to hurt. Now I am looking for an equally good sounding closed or semi open headphone with normal full sized ear pads or big pad replacement options. I will use it primarly for gaming but also for music of all kind. They shouldn't have to much bass or to much highs so I like a balanced sounding headphone just like the HD 600 or also the B&O H6. I already found the M40X and Shure 840 but I fear that they will lack the sound quality of the H6 which is more than double the price. I will use the headphone for listineng on my IPad and my computer setup which is Computer -> Fiio E10k -> Aune X7s -> Headphone . Do you have some recommendations for me that will work for gaming and casual music listening the price tag can be up to 300€/$.
Thank you very much for your input.

May 25, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 2
You might check out the MEZE 99C, the PM-3, the K553 Pro, and the SoundMAGIC HP150. Maybe read about these and see what you think. The MEZE is smooth, the Oppo is neutral, the K553 Pro is also relatively neutral, and the HP150 is just ever-so-slightly v-shaped. They are all worth checking out. Maybe one will work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back