Looking for Gaming and Music headphone
Feb 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

1llest

100+ Head-Fier
Looking to replace my Astro A40 headset and wanted to get an all around headphone. Will be using pretty much 50/50. 
Also looking to pick up the Matrix m-stage and will be hooked up to my Titanium HD.
Im currently leaning towards the DT880 but I have no idea how they will sound like, I've never had any other headphones aside from my A40.
Would like to hear your opinions on other headphones. Please keep the budget around $300

Edit: forgot to add that the music I mainly listen to are hip-hop with a little bit of everything.

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Looking to replace my Astro A40 headset and wanted to get an all around headphone. Will be using pretty much 50/50. 
Also looking to pick up the Matrix m-stage and will be hooked up to my Titanium HD.
Im currently leaning towards the DT880 but I have no idea how they will sound like, I've never had any other headphones aside from my A40.
Would like to hear your opinions on other headphones. Please keep the budget around $300

Edit: forgot to add that the music I mainly listen to are hip-hop with a little bit of everything.

The Schiit Magni headphone amplifier is only $99.
And the DT880s are good sounding headphones, will work fine for gaming, music and movies.
Check eBay for the DT880, seems to be a few good deals.

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 8
Look into the Sennheiser PC360. It is a headset built on the HD595 drivers. I paid $150 for mine on a sale from amazon. Currently using them with a Titanium HD for competitive gaming and listening to music off an on. They have a pretty decent bass kick and are amazing for positional audio with CMSS-3D. You may find them lacking in the boomy bass department but it helps you with positional audio to not have the bass overpower as well as get details out of your music. Plus the mic is very good quality and is clear and drowns out background noise.

Well worth it.

Presumably not as nice as the Beyer headset, but that is a $400 headset.

Just a thought, in case you wanted to stick with headsets.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 8
Mad lust's envy guide for gaming is very complete. Do some reading there, and you can narrow down options. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 8
You need to figure out closed or open design first and go from there. 

Do you game alone or only in quit surroundings? Or loud background noises like LAN parties or tv, telephone?

Do you want to use the headphones in public? Trains, airplane etc?

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 8
Dt770 80 are a very good all rounder i find.
for music they are actually good with all types.
these are my out and about pair. they are comfy and super light.

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 8
I did a lot of reading for the past 2 days and decided to go with the HE-400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back