Looking for front ported bookshelf speakers with DEEP bass extension, budget: 5000$ for amp+speakers
May 1, 2015 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

clairyvic

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I'm looking for front ported bookshelf speakers with DEEP bass extension, budget: 5000$ for amp+speakers

Any recommendations for bookshelf speakers that are front ported that:

-Are front ported or sealed or just don't have the port in the back
-Are fun and musical
-Have deep bass extension

Any recommendations?

May 1, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, with that budget, why not get a good sub, too, to get really good bass extension? I would recommend the Rythmik Audio and SVS Audio sealed subs. A bookshelf speaker can never do what a good sub will do.

Second, are you planning on treating the room and properly placing the speakers? A set of $500 speakers can easily out do a set of $3000 speakers that are poorly setup.

Finally, what is your room setup going to be like? What kind of sources/other electronics are you hooking up?

May 1, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 5
If you want something very portable to move from room to room, look into powered studio monitors, such as the ADAM Audio A8X or Focal Solo6 Be.

May 1, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 5
  I'm going to have a dac and amp and speakers and that's it. I'm going to move my speakers from room to room and a sub would be to cumbersome.

Like cel4145 said, use active speakers. I recommended the KRK Rokit 6 to my friend, but I never imagined exactly how portable his usage would be: they're usually in his home office, then tosses them into the trunk of his car (as in just the speakers, no box, no case, but with thick towels between them and whatever other computer gear goes in there) for his broadcast events, then sometimes he hauls them out of his home office and uses them in the roofdeck of the 3-storey downtown home when we're grilling (we sit them on bar stools as speaker stands).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back