dt1770
he400i
MDR
MA900
Titan 3
CKR9

would like smth bright

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 35
Your asking for a lot. Bright headphones would be Beyer T 1's and Ether C's and HD 800's. All would need a good amp to get the most from them.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 35
Your asking for a lot. Bright headphones would be Beyer T 1's and Ether C's and HD 800's. All would need a good amp to get the most from them.

Thanks for the reply man, I've looked into the 3 you mentioned before, all reviews seem to indicate mid/vocal not that great on these

Is there anything with as much detail as hd800 but more mid forward while still sparkly on treble?

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 35
are you sure you want it more sparkly than the hd800?

pop and kpop are mastered bright enough; pair it with the hd800 and its a disaster to my ears.

as for the headphones youre looking for: Bright + mid forward = any grado headphones ever

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 35
The AKG K702 should work

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 35
  are you sure you want it more sparkly than the hd800?

pop and kpop are mastered bright enough; pair it with the hd800 and its a disaster to my ears.

as for the headphones youre looking for: Bright + mid forward = any grado headphones ever

thanks for the reply man!

hahahah i know, hd800 was my first consideration actually, but i keep reading comments about its mid/vocal not being so good

i dont rly want the t1 or t1.2 as i already have dt1770, from what i read its a subtle upgrade in detail, and ive tried it in shop, all i hear is more treble and more open, no diff in detail rly

as for grado, i arrived at the same conclusion there also, its just so uncomforatble, foam so hard, fit so weird

any other flagships with mid/high focus?

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 35
I think it is going to be hard to find what you want really. Most TOTL headphones don't really want to be too heavy on any one thing from what I've found. Level of detail on par with HD 800 won't be too easy to find not to mention soundstage. The Focal Utopia is a better headphone IMO but at a premium. Can't remember if the mids were more upfront only heard it once but great detail and not the strident highs of the 800's

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 35
haha i know whatu mean man,
i guess im just looking for a hd800 with good mids, willing to sacrifice soundstage tho

from my understanding huge soundstage not great for pop/vocal anyhow

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #10 of 35
haha i know whatu mean man,
i guess im just looking for a hd800 with good mids, willing to sacrifice soundstage tho

from my understanding huge soundstage not great for pop/vocal anyhow
Then your not really looking for a flagship headphone in my opinion.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #11 of 35
I would look into the focal elear. They are not super bright but bright enough... they have a lot of "energy" (dynamic, pretty detailed) which I think you are looking for. I think vocals sound amazing with em...

Otherwise AKG K1000 is pretty bright with a forward sound...

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #12 of 35
im not sure i agree here, as many say hd800 have artificially large sound stage, plus sound stage isnt an indispensable criterion for flagship, ie ath w5000 for example

what do u think?

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #13 of 35
appreciate the suggestions man,
heard the elears in shop, was pretty good, didnt have notable improvement over he400i or dt1770 tho, but gotta say the build quality man, even better then what the pictures show, holy shet is it great, super comfortable too, cable super clunky tho

AKG K1000 lol never seen it b4, just looked it up, looks so weird hahahah, but discontinued~

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #14 of 35
I prefer the elear over the HD800, also the HD800 would sound simply too flat on your kind of music- but thats my taste.

The K1000 is classic man :) looks funky but is actually quite comfortable. It still pops up in the second hand forum from time to time, but you need a good amp.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #15 of 35
You have shot down about every flagship so far. I wish I had a shop around me that had the Elears and others that you have close to you. Well you might want to try the HD 700's you can get them pretty cheap right now . Very good detail and much more bass than the 800's and a bit less soundstage. Something to try at least and you can return or sell them off if you don't like them. If my HE 400S cable didn't crap out on me I could hookup my QP1R out of my MBP and give a listen to some of your music to see. I still have yet to setup my gear after the meet last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back