1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for confirmation about the good thing to do (i.c.: buying a Grado SR60i)

1. sweex

Hy I'm looking for advice about what Headphones to buy. I'm still studying so on a fairly limited budget.

I was thinking to buy the Grado SR60i + amp, because if I'm not mistaken I will get more "bang" for my money by doing this than by buying let's say a 125I or 225i.
    As amp I was thinking about a FIIO E7 because it also has a DAC for when I connect my future headphones to my computer an I'm guessing I will get a better sound too when I connect my surround system to my computer.

This seems like the best way for me to get a great audio experience while still being able to eat during the week :wink: 
    So basically I'm asking for confirmation here and to see if there's something I didn't think of.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. basementdweller
    I own the SR60i and have a pair of SR325i in a box that I haven't been able to play with.  I hope that the SR225i would be a better bang for your buck than the SR60i and an amp.  I found that the SR60i benefited greatly from allowing it time to break in, but didn't see significant improvement when I used it with my E7...it was there, but very subtle.

3. sweex
    Thank you for your reaction.
    I went to my local audio shop yesterday and tried both the SR60i and 80i and for me there wasn't that much of a difference in sound, while the 60i is "only" 99€ and the 80i 159€ 
    That was the reason why I was thinking I would be better of by buying the 60i and a E7 for 55€ which I can also use as a DAC to pass by my laptop's sound card.