Looking for comfortable headphones for PC gaming and video viewing
Apr 5, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YOU GO TELL THEM! Then I will buy them for $400 and sell my AD900s!!!

I hope they listen to you
icon10.gif

They will. I know people, that know people.

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AD2000 seem like good headphones, but 700! They seem like 400 headphones

I paid around $450 for mine in Japan. 50,000 YEN.

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose On-Ear Headphones!

or just get a logitech headset, $20-$30

Yes, by all means, if you want garbage get either of them.

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #20 of 37
I haven't tried the AD700, but I have tried the following comfy headphones:

HD555
HD650
Bose TriPort
DT770 '05 w/ leather pads
D1001
Bose QC3

And the K601 was far comfier than the lot of them. Light as a feather, soft pads, no pressure on your head whatsoever.

Just my $0.02.

I know I already mentioned them but I thought I'd reiterate.

Apr 6, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foe-hammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, by all means, if you want garbage get either of them.

did you actually read the OPs post? Particularly the line he bolded? No? Okay.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

did you actually read the OPs post? Particularly the line he bolded? No? Okay.

I don't care if it sounds crappy as long as its ultra comfy. - I read it previously, but your reason for recommendation was not clear (especially with your bose headphone avatar). Plus the bose on-ear and logitech are not particularly comfortable. So while they would fall in the "sounds crappy" category, they wouldn't be in the "ultra comfy" category.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foe-hammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't care if it sounds crappy as long as its ultra comfy. - I read it previously, but your reason for recommendation was not clear (especially with your bose headphone avatar). Plus the bose on-ear and logitech are not particularly comfortable. So while they would fall in the "sounds crappy" category, they wouldn't be in the "ultra comfy" category.

The Bose On Ears use the same setup as the QC line-up which a heck of a lot of people find very comfy. I find it doubtful you've ever worn one for a length of time or if you did, then stick yourself in the extreme minority. And i use headsets myself when im just messing about, they arent going to break any build quality records but they're light as can be and are 100% functional for general gaming when isolation isnt required.

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

The Bose On Ears use the same setup as the QC line-up which a heck of a lot of people find very comfy. I find it doubtful you've ever worn one for a length of time or if you did, then stick yourself in the extreme minority. And i use headsets myself when im just messing about, they arent going to break any build quality records but they're light as can be and are 100% functional for general gaming when isolation isnt required.

The only bose headphones that i have tried are the TriPods. Every on-the-ear (supra-aural) headphone that i've tried are not comfortable for more then 20min, maybe the bose are different.

But for the logitech headsets... they are garbage compared to a good pair of headphones in both build and sound quality. Being functional is one thing (hell, my mono craptastic monitor speaker are 'functional'), but having involving, great sound is entirely different.

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 37
Thanks for the input guys. I've checked all your recommendations and these are the new 3 cans that I am considering. This choice was mostly based on what phones I can get on sites that accept international credit cards and can ship the phones internationally to me.

Beyerdynamic DT 880
Sennheiser HD 595
Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Anyone who has tried at least 2 or all 3 of them? Which one do you find to be most comfortable for you?

Apr 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the input guys. I've checked all your recommendations and these are the new 3 cans that I am considering. This choice was mostly based on what phones I can get on sites that accept international credit cards and can ship the phones internationally to me.

Beyerdynamic DT 880
Sennheiser HD 595
Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Anyone who has tried at least 2 or all 3 of them? Which one do you find to be most comfortable for you?

I own the AD700 & owned the DT880/595..
Comfort ranking
DT880
Sen 595
AD700..

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still not quite sure why you're not considering the K601.. Comfier than the HD595 and D1001, IMO. (I've tried both) Is there any reason you're staying away from them?

Hi Oggranak. Yes I considered the K601 but its not available in headroom.com and its way overpriced in ttvj.com. I have problems with other sites not accepting international credit cards or not shipping internationally. Same with the Denon D1001, not available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back