Looking for comfortable headphones for PC gaming and video viewing
Apr 4, 2009 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

tortie

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys. Ever since I scaled down my audio rig I have not posted here for years, but my HD590 which I use for my PC and movies is dead and the cheapo HD201 I got as its replacement is killing me. My headphone knowledge is outdated now and I would like your help with getting a new can.

I still have my HD600 and most people say these are comfortable, but after being spoiled with the HD590, the HD600 just wont cut it for me when it comes to comfort for long hours of use. The headphones I want must be light and extremely comfortable. I don't care if it sounds crappy as long as its ultra comfy. I will use these for hours at a time and I want to get the most comfortable cans out there. Again I would like to emphasize that SQ is not a consideration here, only weight and comfort.

This is for my multimedia computer and laptop and the amp driving these is my trusty CMOY. Yes, I know this is crappy but they have been able to handle my old HD590 just fine. I have owned some great amps way back when but I dont want to get sucked back into the audio black hole so my CMOY is the amp of choice for these cans, and thats that!
tongue.gif

I would prefer full size headphones. I currently have 3 candidates and these are the HD595, HD555 and the Sennheiser RS 130. My budget is $250 max but the cheaper the better. I would greatly appreciate your input and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 37
The only one I can speak on personally is the HD555 and they have a bit of a clamp but are fairly comfortable otherwise. They definitely aren't as comfortable as my K601s though. Any open headphones with velour pads are likely the comfiest you'll find though.

Apr 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys. Ever since I scaled down my audio rig I have not posted here for years, but my HD590 which I use for my PC and movies is dead and the cheapo HD201 I got as its replacement is killing me. My headphone knowledge is outdated now and I would like your help with getting a new can.

I still have my HD600 and most people say these are comfortable, but after being spoiled with the HD590, the HD600 just wont cut it for me when it comes to comfort for long hours of use. The headphones I want must be light and extremely comfortable. I don't care if it sounds crappy as long as its ultra comfy. I will use these for hours at a time and I want to get the most comfortable cans out there. Again I would like to emphasize that SQ is not a consideration here, only weight and comfort.

This is for my multimedia computer and laptop and the amp driving these is my trusty CMOY. Yes, I know this is crappy but they have been able to handle my old HD590 just fine. I have owned some great amps way back when but I dont want to get sucked back into the audio black hole so my CMOY is the amp of choice for these cans, and thats that!
tongue.gif

I would prefer full size headphones. I currently have 3 candidates and these are the HD595, HD555 and the Sennheiser RS 130. My budget is $250 max but the cheaper the better. I would greatly appreciate your input and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Beyer DT880 2005's. The most comfortable headphone next to the MDR-F1's. And imo the best sounding headphone for movies and games.

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 37
Question??? If the sound doesn´t matter only comfort why are you prepared to pay up to 250$ for them??? You can get some 30$ headphones that will give you audio and speech that is easy to here and such and is very comfortable
smily_headphones1.gif
. JVC HarX900 or what it´s called even though it may be a tad expensive. 700 is 35$ though. Ask in that thread how comfortable they are
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question??? If the sound doesn´t matter only comfort why are you prepared to pay up to 250$ for them???

Im just stating that $250 is my limit, and the DT880 unfortunately is priced over that.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 37
I like my Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pros for gaming. Of all the headphones I've tried I've found it has the most accurate soundstage in FPS games so I can tell exactly where everyone is rather than simply knowing the general direction.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 37
Kumusta?
biggrin.gif

How about A900s? They're usually comfy and are great for gaming and movies, but since you're in the Philippines, it'll be hell for your ears since they trap in so much heat unless you have air conditioning.

Sony F1s look extremely comfy and usually sell for under $250, well before shipping.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im just stating that $250 is my limit, and the DT880 unfortunately is priced over that.

Check ebay. I seen some for around 210.00 a while ago. If not the AKG 601 or AD700/AD900 would be a good choice.

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #12 of 37
I can't say enough good things about my HD595s with my comp. I'm using them unamp'd through the motherboard audio out (which might cause some slight grain). It doesn't sound like you will be using them that way. I actually upgraded to a AD2000/yammy for my home music rig years ago (Nov 2007) but kept my 595s for almost 2 years without a computer because I knew one day I would want to use them with said new comp. I wasn't disappointed! (And was happy for once I was right.) Now I have a gaming rig that looks like the black monolith from 2001 and I love my 595s with them. Great spacial awareness for FPSs (cod4 and cs) and comfy for the last season of Battlestar Glatatica as well. (Starbuck is a great hostage negotiator!) I whole heartedly encourage you in that direction, especially since you seem to be looking in the direction of senns already. Hope that helps. YMMV

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AD2000 seem like good headphones, but 700! They seem like 400 headphones

YOU GO TELL THEM! Then I will buy them for $400 and sell my AD900s!!!

I hope they listen to you
icon10.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AD2000 seem like good headphones, but 700! They seem like 400 headphones

/agree

as for my input, not concerned with SQ, just want comfie? Icemat Siberias would work. But if you dont want chalkboard sound, go with the ad700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back