Looking for COMFORT!
Jul 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Stickman19

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So, i was looking for some new headphones for games and music, and i wanna something that i can "forget" that i'm using! 
I'm actually going with the Razer Kraken, all the reviews that i saw said that it is so comfy and the sound quality is good, mainly the bass.

I don't know nothing about sound quality, i actually own a Philips SHP200, and the best headphone i used till now is the Beats Solo HD(i know, it sucks...), but as i'm looking for comfort, if the sound quality can be compared to the Beats Solo HD it's ok to me. 

I also don't need a mic, but if it comes with one it's not a problem...

The problem is I'm from Brazil,and here goes the prices here:
 - Razer Kraken (not the Pro) - USD$ 109,00 ~ $ 121,00
 - Steelseries Siberia v2 - USD$ 163,00 (but can be found in a "ebay" we have here for $95,00)
 - Beats Solo HD - USD$ 202,00
 - Razer Carcharias - USD$ 179,00

I really don't wanna go over $ 121,00, only if it is much more comfortable than the Kraken...

So, which is the most comfortable hedphone i can found with this money?

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: Sorry for the english...

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 22
Hello!

Not sure about most of the headphones you mentioned above, but I do find th HD439 very good for gaming and suitable for long listening section not only for it's comfortable earpads but also the lightweight design

Hope this helps!
Billson :)

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:
Hello!

Not sure about most of the headphones you mentioned above, but I do find th HD439 very good for gaming and suitable for long listening section not only for it's comfortable earpads but also the lightweight design

Hope this helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the answer Billson, I do hear a lot of good things about sennheiser headphones, but this HD439 costs USD$207,00 here 
triportsad.gif
Still, the HD439 weights 0.95 lbs and the Kraken 0.62 lbs so...
I don't think it worths spending twice the price of the Razer Kraken, as i don't really focus in a pro sound quality... 

Anyway, thanks again for the answer 
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 22
Thanks for the answer Billson, I do hear a lot of good things about sennheiser headphones, but this HD439 costs USD$207,00 here 
triportsad.gif

Still, the HD439 weights 0.95 lbs and the Kraken 0.62 lbs so...

I
 don't think it worths spending twice the price of the Razer Kraken, as i don't really focus in a pro sound quality... 

Anyway, thanks again for the answer 
wink.gif

$207 for HD439 D: how about the UE4000?

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:
If that is the case, can you please let us know what brand are they selling? How about the AKG K67?

They sell almost all brands here, just not all models, but the most known ones i can find. Cheapest i found it here was $270,00 :/.
I think I'm low on good "cheap" options 
triportsad.gif

Thanks for the answers Billson

Quote:
Where do you live? 

Brazil

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #11 of 22
I can personally recommend the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro(NOT Premium). They may be a little out of your price range, and I don;t know about their availability where you are, but they sound amazing, and the velour pads are like cushions on your head, very light and not hot at all, easy to wear for hours.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 22
Beyerdynamic's DT series are one of the most comfy headphones on the market. Look into the DT770, and DT990 if you're going to use them for gaming. i don't think you can find them where you live for a cheap price though.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #14 of 22
When I saw the title Ii was going to say hd439, its really comfortable but 207USD c'mon..!  Other options are Bose AE2 (for comfort) and Sennheiser HD419.

Yeah, it's hard to buy good technologic things here, Brazil it's one of the most expensive countries to buy something electronic because of the taxes, 60% of the products prices is tax... 
Wow, the Bose AE2 weights only 0.31lbs!!! Really?!?! But aren't the pads too thin? 
Too bad the cost $202,00, it's out of my price range, really don't wanna go over $121,00 :S

The HD419 it's more affordable, $146,00, but are they more comfortable than the Razer Kraken? Doesn't the plush get too hot?

Thanks for the answer

Quote:
I can personally recommend the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro(NOT Premium). They may be a little out of your price range, and I don;t know about their availability where you are, but they sound amazing, and the velour pads are like cushions on your head, very light and not hot at all, easy to wear for hours.

Omg, $385,00, there's no way i can spend all this money :/

Thanks anyway

Beyerdynamic's DT series are one of the most comfy headphones on the market. Look into the DT770, and DT990 if you're going to use them for gaming. i don't think you can find them where you live for a cheap price though.

You're right, all the Beyerdynamic products i found here are so expensive, the only one o found in my price range was the Dtx910, what about it?

Thanks for the answer

Brazil... Never been there :/

Anyway, I think you can try look into the ATH-AD series and the AKG K167/67 for comfort.

Billson 
smily_headphones1.gif

A beautiful place, but has A LOT of problems...

In my price range just found the Ath-ad500 at the same price of the Razer Kraken, are they comfy enough? 

The AKG mentioned are so expensive, but found the AKG K416 and K414 both for $51,00, what about them? Don't like what i see, but you never know...

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back