Looking for comfort similar to Bose AE2 but cheaper?
Jul 5, 2011 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

roark37

Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for really comfortable headphones with similar(or even better hopefully) comfort than Bose AE2 but cheaper.  I am new to this and have no plans to get the Bose but am using them as an example because they at least seemed to me quite comfortable and I could see having them on frequently without a problem comfort wise.  They seemed the most comfortable of any I was able to try at my local Best Buy which was very limited.  Comfort is my main priority along with sound quality and although comfort is so subjective I think light with not too hard clamping on the ears are my main points.  I also want to be able to use the headphones with an ipod or other portable without an amp at least some of the time but it will only be for home use and I would like to keep it under $100 and really $75 or less if possible.  Based on those guidelines and some research I have done I am leaning between the Sennheiser PX100ii or Koss Portapro for open along with maybe the Grado SR60i.  I think open would be better for me but I am not sure and for closed am considering Sony MDR-V6, Audio Technica M30, JVC HARX700, Superlux 681.  Right now I am leaning towards the PX100ii as it looks really light and comfortable.  The problem is other than the SR60 very briefly I have not been able to try any of those I listed and now doubt I will be able to locally.  Based on my guidelines are there any recommendations among those or even any others that would be a good choice?  I listen to a wide range of music from vocalists like Bocelli & Streisand to classic rock and also some instrumentals.  Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

roark37

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 3
Sony MDR-V6 are known for comfort

I have ear problems, and they sit on your ears while around and they don't bother me for hours.

Other people, can wear them all day.

Grado sit on ears, and the opposite of what you currently have.

I would go V6

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 3
I've never worn the Bose for comparison, but I could easily wear my AKG k240s for hours; they are extremely comfortable. And $80 at Amazon right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back