1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for closed cans that offer "fun" sound

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by generalsmirnoff, May 23, 2011.
First

Back
  1. swbf2cheater
    Depends what dap you are using, sansa clip and fuze can output high enough to enjoy it, but still lacking a bit

2. shamrock134

Quote:

It would be from an ipod classic > headstage arrow, but that doesn't matter as I've found the perfect use for them! They are excellent for gaming. They are perfect for positional/audio cues in games like CSS and don't have the overwhelming bass I've read the Pro/80ohm has which distracts you from footsteps etc.

3. Genocide174
    Will the sansa clip+ connected to a e5 be able to drive the Dt770's/80ohm?

4. derycksan
    Recommendation #, what are we on now, 5 for hfi-580s!  Fun fun fun and easier to run and better all around sounding (IMO) than DT770's.

5. fallingreason
    I'm surprised the Denon D2000 have not been mentioned yet.  One of the best sounding cans I've heard < $500 and easy to bring up to speed.

6. Proglover

Quote:

I think they're out of OP's budget:)

My budget is around $140, however I strongly suggest that the headphones will be somewhere between $100-120.  

7. fallingreason
    Ah.. my bad =/  didn't see that.

I would suggest the M50 at that price point then!

8. Acix
    The Ultrasone are fun hps... my vote goes for the PL/Pro-650/900 for more bass.

9. GeneralSmirnoff
    Although I have read a lot of good things about the ultrasone HFI 580's, they are $150 which is out of my strict budget. Does anybody know of similar sounding ultrasone's/other headphones?

10. Ra97oR
    Audio Technica WS70, great fun, great build quality.

11. Acix

Quote:

Maybe you can try the FS forum : )

12. GeneralSmirnoff

Quote:

I've looked through 5 pages so far, will give it another shot.

Also, currently I am wearing the Klipch S4 headphones. A lot of people call these headphones "fun" however I really can't tell why. Maybe they have to be burned like a lot of people do but to me they're nothing special.

13. desktophifi

Quote:

Definitely you need to try the ultrasones. [​IMG]

First

Back