Looking for cheaper alternative to the Creative DDTS-100 Dolby Surround Sound Decoder
Jul 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sadaiyappan

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have a playstation 3 and I have a Creative Labs G500 gigaworks 5.1 speaker setup. I used to use these with a creative sound card on my computer. I sold my computer and bought a PS3 (which has optical out for audio) and I have these speakers which have the creative labs 3 way (yellow green black) input connectors. Is there some cheap box that will have optical input and creative lab type 3 way speaker output ? The only box that I know does this is the Creative Labs DDTS-100 decoder which is no longer manufactured and is being sold on ebay for $450+. Any suggestions ?

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadaiyappan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean by "have it amp the speakers" and what is the LFE signal?

As it is now, the subwoofer has an amp built-in which is used to drive the other speakers (and itself). With a receiver you'll run the speaker wire from the receiver itself to the 5 surround speakers, and then you'll output the subwoofer's signal to the sub (most receivers have a sub pre-out, where it sends the low frequency signal that is intended for the subwoofer).

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Any suggestions other than getting a cheap receiver? I'm in a similar situation and desperately looking for a solution.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back