Looking for cheap Headphones
Jul 17, 2009 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lightmaker

New Head-Fier
Hi ,
I'm looking for some headphones around the 20-25$ with delivery from eBay.
I live in Israel , I know there are a lot of fakes in there but headphones cost three times as much here in stores then abroad .
I'm looking for portable headphones , either IEC or buttons .

I've been looking at the JBL 220 IEC and the Koss KSC75 and I'd like to get your recommendations .
Thanks !

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 16
Shalom lightmaker,
I have the JBL 220. When I first got them I liked them a lot, but every pair I got after them, made me realize there are better things I can stick in my ears
smily_headphones1.gif
. It is also very hard to ensure that models like the 220 are not fakes (from ebay).
I would recommend looking into getting some soundmagic earphones like the PL30 from mp4nation - they are within your budget, they are not going to be fakes, and I am pretty they can be shipped to Israel.
I have not heard them myself, but they have been receiving good reviews here.
I have ordered my fiio e5 from mp4nation, and I am waiting on my brainwavz beta's to ship.

Be'hatzlacha (good luck)

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about the fxc50 from JVC?

fwir they are a good choice - they certainly fit the budget. The issue is finding them from a reliable source that will ship to Israel and still keep the overall cost under $25.

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 16
Go with the KSC75s. Cheap and great sound.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #6 of 16
The best earphones for $20 so far still IMO is the MEElectronics Ai-M9. Doubt you can find that on eBay. There's really nothing you can get on eBay for $20 especially shipping to Israel that's the best in it's class, and without risking it being fake since it's a $20 pair of Earphones. See if Meelectronics ships to Israel, if they do definitely go for it.

Jul 18, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shalom lightmaker,
I have the JBL 220. When I first got them I liked them a lot, but every pair I got after them, made me realize there are better things I can stick in my ears
smily_headphones1.gif
. It is also very hard to ensure that models like the 220 are not fakes (from ebay).
I would recommend looking into getting some soundmagic earphones like the PL30 from mp4nation - they are within your budget, they are not going to be fakes, and I am pretty they can be shipped to Israel.
I have not heard them myself, but they have been receiving good reviews here.
I have ordered my fiio e5 from mp4nation, and I am waiting on my brainwavz beta's to ship.

Be'hatzlacha (good luck)

Shalom !
the PL30 look great but is mp4nation reliable ? I've seen them on ebay for 35$ and without shipping , it seems kinda strange MP4nation is selling them for 25$ with shipping .

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best earphones for $20 so far still IMO is the MEElectronics Ai-M9. Doubt you can find that on eBay. There's really nothing you can get on eBay for $20 especially shipping to Israel that's the best in it's class, and without risking it being fake since it's a $20 pair of Earphones. See if Meelectronics ships to Israel, if they do definitely go for it.

they only ship in the US apparently .

thanks for the replies !

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by lightmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shalom !
the PL30 look great but is mp4nation reliable ? I've seen them on ebay for 35$ and without shipping , it seems kinda strange MP4nation is selling them for 25$ with shipping .

Yes, mp4nation is reliable - a lot of people here (including myself) ordered earphones and amps from them.
They often run specials - you need to sign up to their forums, and check out the coupons and discount forums.

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by lightmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll order from Focalprice then , MP4nation hasn't responded in 3 days , and its the same shipping to Israel only processing time is different , thanks for the tip .

Focal price might be a few $$ cheaper, however, mp4nation is a vendor that is focused on the portable audio market, and has shown great support to the community by providing samples for reviews, and great forums for discussions, as well as discounts, pre-order specials, and many other perks.

If I were to vote with my $ I would purchase from them.

Which ever way you decide to go, please keep us updated on your experience.

[size=xx-small]** I am not affiliated with mp4nation in any way shape or form, other then being a satisfied customer. **[/size]

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #15 of 16
I do prefer to buy from MP4nation it's just they don't respond to my tickets and in case of problems I'd rather have a quick reply .

edit : they have replied , in light of your suggestions I'll go with MP4 , I'll update when it arrives .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back