Looking for bluetooth HEADPHONES
May 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, last year I got Sony MDR-V6s. Love em totally. I'm stuck to their sound signature and think I'll be in their family for a long time. Anyway, the thing is, they are also my portable headphones; and at first it was fine. They folded up nice and compact, they were comfortable, they werent too heavy; but now, it's really becoming hindersome. The wire is long. Really long. I love it when I'm around the house because I can move away from my audio source, but out in public it gets snagged in places. I don't like that. Second, the pads; they come off with any reasonable amount of force, now I don't normally smash my head or neck places, but they've come off sometimes from accidental falls and anyone who owns V6s knows its a PAIN to get them back on. Third, the size and awkwardness; the actualy physical weight isnt much at all, but the size of them is in between portable sets and full-blown audiophile sets. That doesnt sound too bad, but really, they're big and it's annoying sometimes. Fourth, and lastly, awkward resting position. I cant seem to find a comfy place for them on my neck, and when I hug people, the phones get in the way sometimes. Annoying as I love hugs. Anyway, when I'm home though, they're perfect, so that's where I want em to stay. 

So what I want:

- No wires. Preferably I'd like the setup to be through bluetooth since my primary portable audio set up is through my iPhone which has it, but a reciever is fine. 

- HEADPHONE setup. No IEMs or earbuds. Something like the Sony MDR-Q68LW or Koss KSC75. You know, the clip-ons?

- Comfort and durability. For obvious reasons. They don't needa be as durable as my V6s (which are widely renowned as "tanks") and they don't needa be as comfy as D2000s, but bearable for active use.

- Some audio quality. I don't need the quality to kill my V6s as that's hard to kill off since it's a wired setup with no regard for space or weight.

- Some style. My V6s arent exactly unstylish (nice, clean, rugged, tough), but hey, I want em to look pretty.

So anyone got any ideas? I don't mind busting into some shells and doing some DIY work, but I want it to be cheap and functional. 

Any ideas?

May 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 7
Just last night another member and I were discussing how no one knew about the Sennheiser Px210BT. I just wrote a quick summary with a link to the Headfonia blog post. The Headfonia post describes dead on accurately the sound signature and compares it to standard giants like the M50 HD25 and others. I love these Sennheisers so much I think I'll be selling my hp collection off.
I forgot the link
http://www.head-fi.org/t/611585/sennheiser-px210bt-bluetooth-headphones-you-better-take-seriously#post_8413190

May 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Relevant, yes, but where my request becomes special is where I want clip-ons. No headband. Two completely seperate phones that both work via bluetooth. Anything like that? 

Quote:
Just last night another member and I were discussing how no one knew about the Sennheiser Px210BT. I just wrote a quick summary with a link to the Headfonia blog post. The post describes dead on accurately the sound signature and compares it to standard giants like the M50 HD25 and others. I love these Sennheisers so much I think I'll be selling my hp collection off.
I forgot the link
http://www.head-fi.org/t/611585/sennheiser-px210bt-bluetooth-headphones-you-better-take-seriously#post_8413190

May 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Jabra and meelec boht make a around the back of head band Bluetooth headphones but I didn't find any separates as that would require twice the receivers and can sources can sync two units at the same time?

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 7
Ill be posting a guide up today on my DIY BT Headphones. Just briefly though:

I own some 3 year old sennheiser HD215s. Plenty of use and burn in - at the very least 2000 hours.

I wanted to be rid of the coiled cable so I bought a Samsung HS3000. (The best reciever i've ever found. It supports APT-X, is tiny, rechargable with all the functions you need)

I also bought a Fiio E6 to drive the HP much better than the (still very capable) HS3000.

Mounted that all on one cup, used 2 Fiio L8's to connect it all together inside and out nice and neatly, did some very minor wiring and bam - i'm done.

I've tested 4 of the best BT headphones on the market (including the Sennhieser MM models, beats BT and the a few logitech units) and my mod sounds better than them all, not to mention provides more isolation and volume due to the pads and the E6.

Total cost: (all prices in AUD)

HD 215's:
$230 in 2009, Approx. $100 in 2012.
http://phonephile.blogspot.com.au/2005/06/sennheiser-hd215-headphones.html

Samsung HS300:
$37.50 -ebay

Fiio E6:
$39

Roughly $176 for fantastic BT cans.

Ill post photos when im on my comp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back