looking for bluetooth headphones: Sony MDR-1RBT or Sony MDR-10RBT?
Mar 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #31 of 35
Was just browsing HK's reconditioned section and noticed they have reconditioned BTs on sale for $97. Probably not quite as good as the Sony 10-RBTs, but from everything I've read they sound like a good deal. I had looked at them at one point when I was trying to decide if I wanted some BT headphones, but I couldn't find them at the price I wanted. New 10-RBTs are still on sale for $150, but could only find them in stock at B&H Photo; should be able to get them on backorder from the Sony store too.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=HARKAR-BT-Z&status=

I just looked at link on the HK bt_ phones. Imo, they have apt-X coding, and they retail for $349, plus they are HKs, I would say jump on them quickly. Also, the Sony 10rbt is still in the mix, because BestBuy_ has them on sale at this very moment for $149.95. Imo, again, going with Bluetooth headphones, apt-X should be a must-have, and both these headsets have it. The Sony 10rbt for $149.95 is killer.

Luck, and post up if you get one of the two.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #33 of 35
So where is the best price for these? Perhaps re-conditioned/furbished. I am new to the forum so I I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, let alone a year later...

You will have catch those on sale to get that $150 price.
However, here is IMO, just as good or better deal. The Harman Kardon BTs for $97 refurbished, with full manufacturer warranty, and 30 day return for refund. I have these myself, and they are bluetooth and aptX.
Google Harman Kardon refurbished and you will find them.

Dec 29, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #35 of 35
Just got the MDR-10RBT to try, this is my first BT headphones.

So far not very impressed, the upper mids and highs are almost missing and rather muddy low end.

Do they benefit from some burn in time, been running them for about 2 hours and think I made a mistake.

My main cans are Senns 598 and 600, of course I didn't think they would be as good as them but I dint think they would be this bad.

Even my Koss PortPro is better.

How long to give them for burn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back