Looking for audiophile quality Psychedelic Rock
Jun 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 13
Listen to Ozric Tentacles, Phish, Government Mule, The Dead(post-Jerry Garcia era) and Moe even ... that's just a start of what comes off top of my head ...all of them seem to have interest in recording good sounding albums studio and live ...or their engineers and producers do ..

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 13
If you like Can, did you know they re-released a lot of albums on SACD a few years back? I have four or five of those and they sound terrific. Dark Side of the Moon on SACD is terrific, too.

Forgive me for recommending hardware in a music thread (
evil_smiley.gif
), but if you can find a Sony SCD-CE595 on the cheap (I paid $60 for a refurb), then it's worth picking up just to play SACDs.

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 13
x2 on the Ozrics: the Snapper remasters are very nice indeed.

Also, x2 Can. Excellent music, have the same editions but I don't have an SACD player, so thanks for the heads up Uncle Erik...
smily_headphones1.gif

Recommend also the United States of America. Well worth hunting up...

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 13
amorphous androgynous. check out the issness and the otherness, also the peppermint tree and the seeds of superconsciousness.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 13
Ahhhh yes the Legendary Pink Dots (and related project "The Tear Garden") .. how could I forget to mention them ... saw them live once , it was wonderful ...

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #12 of 13
The DVD-Audio release of the Grateful Dead's American Beauty is amazing. They really took advantage of the extra bits to get a very smooth, analog-like sound and great air. I've A/B'ed it with the CD and there is no comparison.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like Can, did you know they re-released a lot of albums on SACD a few years back? I have four or five of those and they sound terrific. Dark Side of the Moon on SACD is terrific, too.

Forgive me for recommending hardware in a music thread (
evil_smiley.gif
), but if you can find a Sony SCD-CE595 on the cheap (I paid $60 for a refurb), then it's worth picking up just to play SACDs.

Did they release any other Pink Floyd on SACD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back