Looking for an upgrade to my ath-m50s
Jun 7, 2014 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

IndridColdx

New Head-Fier
Hello. You have probably had millions of these threads but I wanted to know a good option to upgrade from my old cans, the ATH-m50s which i've had for 2-3 years now. They are starting to deteriorate and fall apart now.

I heard that the DT 770 PROs were excellent, but I don't know which version to get since I mainly use it on my phone. If I get a 32 ohm for my mobile, would that restrict me from also using it on my computer?

I'm open to any suggestion around 200$.
I am also open to amp suggestions since i've never owned one.

I listen to rock, prog rock, some electronic, funk (and motown) and some video game OSTs.

Thanks a lot!

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 15
  Hello. You have probably had millions of these threads but I wanted to know a good option to upgrade from my old cans, the ATH-m50s which i've had for 2-3 years now. They are starting to deteriorate and fall apart now.

I heard that the DT 770 PROs were excellent, but I don't know which version to get since I mainly use it on my phone. If I get a 32 ohm for my mobile, would that restrict me from also using it on my computer?

I'm open to any suggestion around 200$.
I am also open to amp suggestions since i've never owned one.

I listen to rock, prog rock, some electronic, funk (and motown) and some video game OSTs.

Thanks a lot!

Try the Sound Magic HP 200, they do not need an amp, and should work grealy with your pc and your celluar phone 

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 15
  Thanks for the advice! They look fantastic, but they seem pretty rare in canada, it seems that sellers jump from 200$ to 350$ here

Sry not the HP 200 but the HP 100, I don't know why I keep getting the two confused, the HP 100 are closed back and sound "open" and htey are foldable and come with a case, so they are very easy to carry around 

The Sound Magic Hp 100 

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #15 of 15
  I was considering getting the SRH840s by Shure. Are those considered an upgrade? They look very nice and at the right price

I liied my 840, I think they would fit the bill 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back