Looking for an Upgrade from superlux HD 681 EVO
Oct 29, 2016 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Riora

New Head-Fier
so my EVO broke after a long journey with me for like 1 and a half year which is saddening, so now i want to buy a new open type headphones for home uses cuz i have an iem, i am honestly know very little about headphones since i got these for a birthday present.

my budget is around 150$ under, my place only sells sennheiser, akg, jvc, beats, logitech, audio technica and brainwavz.

i was interested in akg 240 and ath ad 700 but im not sure how they fare with my old EVO, i need an open headphones cuz i play games that need positioning cues and i like a good deep bass that hits the heart

any kind of insights that is helpful is really appriciated

ty in advance

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi I'd recommend going for Sennheiser's HD598 (Standard/SE). They are have an amazing soundstage, provide good detailing and excellent instrument separation and would suit your needs in the gaming department (I'm guessing FPS). I've been using mine for around 6 months now which was bought after seeking help from fellow head-fiers and I must say that it was one of my best purchases till date. I play CS:GO using my HD598SE and I'm able to precisely pin-point the location of the enemy simply by hearing footsteps. 
There are some reviews out there which say that these lack bass but imo the bass is precise without being 'boomy' to the point where it over shadows the mids and highs. 
You may use EQ while listening to music, but that would depend on your tastes. I don't as the sound is ideal for me. They respond pretty well to EQing nevertheless.
I hope this helps! :)

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 8
I can't say anything about the Fidelio's since I haven't heard them before. I suggested the sennheiser through experience because I own it. As far as checking the genuineness of the product goes, you can check it out here - http://qr-sennheiser.com/index.php?id=5&L=1 by using credentials given in your packaging.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #7 of 8
If u liked your evos and want to retain the overall same sound signature take a look at the DT 990 Pro. The HD 598 are a complete different sounding headphone with zero subbass. For gaming I dont like them at all. I even prefer the AKG K240s for that. Or check the Fidelios X1/X2. They are HD 600 ish with nice deep bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back