Looking for an over ear headphone
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ErdemInce

Head-Fier
Hello , Im new ! I pretty much know no details about headphones but i want to buy one and while looking at reviews, HD 598 got my attention . Im just a guy who wants over decent sound quality and all reviews said it is a very good headphone . I have some questions :  Although its not my priority , I want something which looks good too , and i like how this looks but is it fragile because its plastic ? 2)Do I need an amp for a good sound quality ? ( idk even what an amp is ) 3) Im gonna use it with my laptop and ipad and iphone/galaxy (whatever phone i get ) , will i get good sound quality ? Any other headphone suggestions in this price range ?

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 11
also i am gonna make my friend who will come to america buy it so ill have 1 chance to buy everything can you tell me all the accessorizes ill need such as holder case idk everything else , what i will need so i will make him buy them too

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 11
Hey Erdemlnce,

Warning: the HD 598 are an open-back headphone which means the sound they produce can be heard throughout the open backs of the headphones and people will be able to hear your music. Open-back headphones overall sound better than closed-back headphones (though there are some exceptions) but if you use open-back headphones, only use them at home. If you're looking for something more portable, look for a closed headphone.

I personally have the HD 598's and I find them to be wonderful in sound. See my profile for my review if you want more information. I find that amping is not necessary for the HD 598's but it helps the bass a little bit. An amp is a device that basically can make your headphone louder and a better electrical current capacity which is needed in order to drive some headphones. 

Open Headphones in the same price range: Sennheiser HD 558, Phillips Fidelio X1, Beyerdynamic DT 880/990, AKG K701/702, SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed Headphones in the same price range: SoundMAGIC HP100, Beyerdynamic DT 770, V-Moda M80/XS, etc...

Good luck!

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 11
DACs are digital to analogue converters, which are in your computer, your laptop, etc... Basically it makes an analogue signal into a digital signal (whereas vinyl would play the analogue signal) so your computer or other media device can play the music. By buying a better DAC you can get better details and other various things in your music. I suggest the HifiMediy Sabre USB DAC or if you can bump up your budget a little, the Schiit Modi.

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 11
Well, like I said, before, these don't really need an amp but if you really want one, perhaps the Bravo Audio Ocean? If you stretch out your budget, the O2 and the Schiit Magni are also good options. You might want to get a shorter cable for the HD 598 (it's a special cable but you can find it on the Sennheiser website) and perhaps a case. Personally, I feel these don't need much and I just bought a shorter cable for my convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back