Looking for an IEM < $100 that has a solid low-end.
Oct 5, 2011 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

BuffaloDave

New Head-Fier
I have researched this before and came to the conclusion of the Fischer Audio Eterna's and I ordered them from Bugden Audio.  However, they never shipped them to me and their customer service rep stopped responding to my emails, come to think of it im not sure if he ever replied to one.  But I cannot find them anywhere on the internet so I am looking for some other suggestions for an IEM that is $100 or less with a good low-end, but not an overpowering one.  Any suggestions would be helpful! 

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 13
Hippo VB for 80 bucks for bass, a lot of bass

or Monster Turbine, if ur in the US, u can get them refurbish from Monster themselves for 50 bucks....unfortunately, i can't because I'm in Adelaide...

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 13
If you're looking for sub-bass then the Atrio M5 MG7 can be found on sale every once in a while for 100 bucks (I got mine for 100 just a few months back). They really rumble when it comes to sub-bass and they don't have an emphasis on mid-bass.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #6 of 13
Are you only looking for bass? The sonys are nice but the treble spike is horrible on them, you may not be sensitive to it so it may be a non issue. For me the EX1000s were a compete no no due to the treble spike in the lower region. I find the FX700s to be much smoother on the treble because its not spiked, although its more in your face. The IE7s have a large sound stage and are mid centric with deep bass and quite a bit of it as well. The 600s should extend lower but they are quite brighter more fatiguing, and aggressive. Depends on what you like for your sound signature. Dakmart has refurbished IE7s for $99.00. Good luck

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #7 of 13
Confispect is selling the eternas v.1 in the FS forum. I also believe Frogbeats have just added the eternas to their product page, so they should be in stock. I also recommend the Xears TD III 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 13

I really, really like the IE7. But it's bass always seemed flabby to me. Too much, too uncontrolled. The mids though are really off the chart impressive at that price point.

Quote:
Are you only looking for bass? The sonys are nice but the treble spike is horrible on them, you may not be sensitive to it so it may be a non issue. For me the EX1000s were a compete no no due to the treble spike in the lower region. I find the FX700s to be much smoother on the treble because its not spiked, although its more in your face. The IE7s have a large sound stage and are mid centric with deep bass and quite a bit of it as well. The 600s should extend lower but they are quite brighter more fatiguing, and aggressive. Depends on what you like for your sound signature. Dakmart has refurbished IE7s for $99.00. Good luck

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
I really, really like the IE7. But it's bass always seemed flabby to me. Too much, too uncontrolled. The mids though are really off the chart impressive at that price point.

Bass is a bit much but that also depends on your source and EQ does wonders to control the bass. Seems people don't believe in EQ. EQ is bad when you have to add but when you minus there's no distortion added whatsoever.

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 13
Ask the people at the basshead club. 
gs1000.gif
 (link is at my sig)

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 13
May I suggest the Monster Turbine? They are very solid in the sub-bass region. As sulkoudai said, you can get refurbished ones for cheap in the US or you could just spend a bit more and get a new pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back