Looking for an all-in-one
Jan 30, 2018 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Cartma

Member of the Trade: Al's Audio
Hi,

I am looking for an all-in-one USB DAC/AMP/PRE with balanced HP amp and mutable PRE amp out when listening to headphones. The PRE outs need to be XLR as well. The HP amp needs to have enough power to run the Hifiman Susvara. Price isn't too much of a concern, cheaper would be better since I could have it sooner but I don't mind saving up for an end gamer.

I came across the Oppo HA-1 but can't find one to buy. I also found the Questyle 400i but don't think it has enough power, I also don't like the pot in it.

Has anyone come across anything else that would meet my needs? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 13
Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 13
Feb 3, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 13
Think I finally found something...

Audio-gd NFB 27.77 http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB27.77/NFB27.77EN.htm

Seems decent, but has anybody heard or know anything about it? I seen them around, but their site and ordering practice seems shady.

I haven't heard the 27.77 but I used to have its little brother the 28.38 and it sounds very good with lots of low level details. I'm not sure if it has enough power for you though. The 27.77 has the amp equivalent of the Master 9 and that thing is powerful!

I've bought many devices from Audio-GD and discussed with them over emails about a lot of different things, so although their website looks shady, they're not. The ordering process is more convoluted, but basically you send them an email telling them what you want, they reply with a quote. Then you can have them send you a PayPal invoice and you just pay them through that.

Feb 3, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 13
Ya I ordered the 27.77 a couple days ago.
I like its design and practicability. Should sound great, just hope it does.

Feb 3, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 13
One think to think about when you start listening is if you like the default filtering method. My NFB 28.38 default filter was fast roll off minimum phase. I did not really like it. I opened the until and switched it to slow roll off minimum phase and like it a lot now.

Feb 3, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #8 of 13
I am looking for an all-in-one USB DAC/AMP/PRE with balanced HP amp and mutable PRE amp out when listening to headphones. The PRE outs need to be XLR as well. The HP amp needs to have enough power to run the Hifiman Susvara. Price isn't too much of a concern, cheaper would be better since I could have it sooner but I don't mind saving up for an end gamer.

AudioGD NFB-28 has a switch out front to select output.

Feb 4, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #9 of 13
How long did it take for you guys to receive your amps? Also, what would the RJ45 be used for?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 13
Well I've just received my Audio-gd 27.77 and am loving it. Defiantly made a good decision. This thing sounds great!

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #12 of 13
Yeah mee too late also...

In the future there is the Vinnie Rossi LIO https://www.vinnierossi.com/

A definite AIO don't know if it will drive well your Susvara.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #13 of 13
One think to think about when you start listening is if you like the default filtering method. My NFB 28.38 default filter was fast roll off minimum phase. I did not really like it. I opened the until and switched it to slow roll off minimum phase and like it a lot now.

What does this do to the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back