Looking for an all in one DAC
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WiltedAngelWings

New Head-Fier
I am trying to pick out the DAC that's good for me I'm hoping this even exists but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction because I am fairly new to the whole audio world so. What I have in mind is some sort of all in one unit that has RCA ports in and out XLR ports in and out for when I eventually upgrade my mic from a blue yeti to something a little more substantial and the most important part multiple in and out aux lines for running both amps and speakers through, so with either software or a button press I swap between speakers and amps. Like I said I'm fairly noobish but if such a product exists can you point me in the right direction the mic XLR ports are the least of my concerns but I'd like at least a DAC with multiple RCA and aux inputs and outputs so i can easily swap between all my different speakers/ Amps / W.e else down the road I may need to future proof the purchase a little if I am going to spend a few hundred dollars on this. USB ports are also nice but not 100% necessary, I just want to limit the amount of clutter so i dont have like 5 boxes stacked on my desk so if i can just have like one wide unit to control everything that be great. Thank you for any and all help appreciated.

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 5
It would seem an AI (Audio Interface) would serve you better, then just a basic DAC.
As AI's are more likely to come with more XLR inputs and outputs, then a normal DAC.
As well as line-inputs and line-outputs.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 5
is there a website or tool i can use to determine what interface would suit my needs? like some sort of calculator that you put in the ports you want and it says oh this product has those ?
I doubt there is a "calculator" to that sort of thing.
Just figure out on your own, what type and how many port you will need, then look for an AI on the Internet.
Or find a forum dedicated (or at least a thread) to Audio Interfaces. post what your looking for in an AI, see what answers you get.
Or try this.
http://compare.focusrite.com/
Or this
https://thehub.musiciansfriend.com/computer-audio-buying-guides/audio-interface-buying-guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back