Looking for an affordable balanced preamp
Nov 16, 2008 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

luidge

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi, i haven't been here for a while, but i have a little problem that has been buggin me.
I have a hole in my system, i use a CD6 as a transport, my DAC wich doesn't have preout or volume control, then my M-audio SP-8B.
So as you can see the only way that i can control my volume is directly on the back of my monitors...wich suck big time.
So i was wondering if there was somewhere a preamp with balanced ins and outs that could go well with my setup, a tube one would be great.

Let me know if you know anything that would do for me.

Nov 16, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 3

Lazarus Short

Headphoneus Supremus
Affordable and balanced? Usually an oxymoron, but you may be able to find one on the used market.

How can a DAC not have a preout? I thought that was where the A was supposed to go after it was converted from D.

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 3

luidge

1000+ Head-Fier
In fact it a volume control that it don't have, since it work out great with my speakers...but i ain't much of a tech savvy person. Now i need to be able to control the volume and if it can be i would love to add some tubey sound to it.
Any DIY preamp have these specs? Balanced and tube preamp with good volume control....and cheap
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread