Looking for an affordable amp for RE0+Sansa Fuze
Nov 25, 2009 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

HazeIT

New Head-Fier
Well, giving that I'm using a $38 player with a $79 IEM, I think it's clear that I'm a cheap person and a RSA Mustang is not an option.
My RE0 didn't arrive yet, but I heard that they need an amp to go with the Sansa Fuze.
Are there any cheap amps that go well with this player/IEM?

dt880smile.png

Nov 25, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 9
I got it with the FiiO E5 since I've heard good things about them. Search around the forums...

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 9
I really like the new T3 with the fuze and re0, although I'm using the q-jays for reasons of isolation. Not necessarily cheap but a great value.

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the new T3 with the fuze and re0, although I'm using the q-jays for reasons of isolation. Not necessarily cheap but a great value.

I'm presently using Fuze > E5 > RE0, it sounds very nice to my ears, better than my modded X-Fi XtremeMusic > ATH-AD700, but I just ordered a T3 and a very nice Fuze LOD from eBay. So stoked...

Dec 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by f4phantom2500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm presently using Fuze > E5 > RE0, it sounds very nice to my ears, better than my modded X-Fi XtremeMusic > ATH-AD700, but I just ordered a T3 and a very nice Fuze LOD from eBay. So stoked...

i'm really interested in how the T3 sounds with the RE0. looking forward to your impressions when you receive them.

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm using the same setup as you (Fuze and RE0) the amp I currently have is a Fiio E5. It doesn't do a -Huge- amount to the sound, but it does add a noticeable bass boost as well as making the overall sound louder.

It sounds better to me with the amp compared to without it.

I'm looking to upgrade the E5 to something else but it's hard to find something that doesn't cost $100, yet can still do better than the E5 currently does - iBasso T4 is too much and I doubt a Cmoy will perform much better than the E5 currently does... what other choices even are there say... under $65

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 9
i think that many cmoy's will definitely do better than the E5

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 9
i'd say save up some money and go with ibasso t3 or t4.
i really dont recommend fiio e5. i have one myself and i use it with sansa clip. it does boost the volume but it really degrades the sound. it degrades even more when you use the bass boost function.
since you have a nice source and great headphones, i think you should go with something that is at least decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back