Looking for Amp+DAC for AH-D7000 and also need new headphone (basshead)
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #31 of 33

Quote:
cheers input would be appreciated specially on the amps and the new headphone I am looking to pick up. Also what are your thoughts on the HF-2
What are your thoughts on the Zeus amp, EF5 (hybrid) and the mapletree amp or the lisa III as mentioned by Skylab or the Woo 6 or the (pure tube) Little Dot MK VIII SE.

I love my Mapletree amp with my HD800s/T1s and especially RS1is, but I prefer the Concerto with the D7000s.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #32 of 33
I also love my Mapletree Ear+ HD with my Grados, but was quite surprised to find that I preferred the headphone plug of my Lavry DA11 with most of my other headphones (D7000, D5000, HD600).  It's an amazing dac to boot (Jude's dac if I'm not mistaken, the founder of this site).  With its abilities as a dac and amp, I consider it quite a bargain.  The one advantage of a tube amp over the Lavry is that you can change the frequency signature with different tubes, and tame the relatively bright highs of D7000.  But overall I might prefer the Lavry amp with a D5000 (not a bright headphone) to a Mapletree amp, warm tube and D7000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back