Looking for affordable and good sounding flat wire earbuds
Feb 12, 2015 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Moonwalker1982

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

So for a few years now i've had the Sennheiser CX300 II's but they are not tangle free/flat wired and it has become a huge annoyance, especially when most of the time these are indeed tangled. I've checked out some websites of stores in my country and i saw a few brands that looked good. I checked some reviews of the a Jays One+ and the review directly compared them to my CX300's and said they were a bit better. Now of course what might sound great to that reviewer, does not have to sound just as great to me. But they are quite affordable and are flat wired, so if the sound quality is comparable to my Senheissers or even better, that would be super.

I have been doing some research and last year i tried out the Dr. Dre Beats Tour in ears and i was shocked to find out how much worse they sounded compared to my CX300's which in terms of prize was like 40 dollars and the Beats...well...100 or so? Now a friend of mine has said i should check out SMS Audio and that it actually is worth it, unlike the Beats by Dre. At the moment there is a discount on these which make them about 50 to 60 dollars. The a Jays are around 50 dollars too. The problem is, i do not get to try them out, i just buy them and that's it. So it's wise to make sure what i am doing.

But the above are all very mainstream, the a Jays probably the least of them, but maybe in quality better. But of course there are other brands too. I wish i could find affordable Senheissers with flat wiring. What in ears are very recommendable? I must add that i do like a nice powerful bass, but it should not be killing my ears.

Thank you.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 2

cel4145

Headphoneus Supremus
Bass Colours: http://penonaudio.com/DONSCORPIO-Bass-Colour

They are the same as the first generation Velodyne vPulse as described here http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/velodyne-vpulse/

Apparently, Donscorpio was the OEM. Note that these have excellent deep sub bass emphasis, but not much upper midbass emphasis.

Users who are viewing this thread