Looking for advice - Best earphones for $200 or less
Sep 9, 2007 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

outlandos

100+ Head-Fier
I've had Sennheiser CX300 earphones for quite awhile now, but I can not find them anywhere in my house! So yeah...don't ask me how, but I lost the phones...
blink.gif

But I've had lots of fun with them and with the upcoming iPod Touch, I am looking for a new set of in-earphones, for $200 or less.

Of course, before making this thread I have done a bit of research myself, and so far I'm heading towards the Shure SE310 (on ebay they are around $190).

But, as I am nowhere near an expert, I could use any advice on whether or not there are better phones for that money.

And with the upcoming SE110 for only $99, do you think it's worth it to wait for them or will the SE310 still be superior?

Other brands are also welcome and any advice is appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

outlandos

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 11
I'd also look at the super fi 5 pro/ety er4p/atrio m5's in your price range. Whichever one you choose, I'm sure you'll love them
etysmile.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 11
Well, I was about to order the Shure SE310, but then I read this user review:

Quote:

Although I just bought these, one negative jumped out and I felt obligated to warn consumers. The headphone cord is EXTREMELY short, too short for use with my iPod armband (unless I use the inline extender, which is bulky). A shirt pocket would be the only conceivable position the cord could reach without the extender. Although this was mentioned as a possible location in the CNET review, I didn't realize that it would be the ONLY possible location. I had hoped to use these casually, even at the gym, but the long cable makes it awkward. When the cables are linked together, it is about a foot longer than my iPod headphones.

And as I will be using my iPod mainly on the bike this does hurt!
basshead.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 11
+1 Super.fi 5 Pro & ER-4P

Sep 10, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 Super.fi 5 Pro & ER-4P

May I ask, what's the difference between the Super.fi 5 Pro and the Super.fi 5?

So what's the Pro stand for?

Sep 10, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask, what's the difference between the Super.fi 5 Pro and the Super.fi 5?

So what's the Pro stand for?

I think he's referring to the super.fi 5 pro when he said super.fi 5. The two models of super.fi 5's are the pro and extended bass. I personally have the pros and love them. Don't misjudge by the name of the the latter, as the pro can really get down low also. Although I haven't tried the extended bass version yet.

If it is a "fun" type of sound with a tad bit more emphasis on bass that you are looking for, then I would definately recommend the super.fi 5 pro's, but if you want a sound that is more accurate and geared towards the midrange spectrum, then I think the er4p is for you. Hope this helps you out
etysmile.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it is a "fun" type of sound with a tad bit more emphasis on bass that you are looking for, then I would definately recommend the super.fi 5 pro's, but if you want a sound that is more accurate and geared towards the midrange spectrum, then I think the er4p is for you. Hope this helps you out
etysmile.gif

x2, agreed

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he's referring to the super.fi 5 pro when he said super.fi 5. The two models of super.fi 5's are the pro and extended bass. I personally have the pros and love them. Don't misjudge by the name of the the latter, as the pro can really get down low also. Although I haven't tried the extended bass version yet.

etysmile.gif

I rather have a fun type of sound for sure!

Thanks for the explaining!
3000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back