Looking for a usb transport
Jul 12, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 12
Hagtech? His is bus powered but I don't see an issue with that at the voltages and power required to convert the signal. I am thinking of getting one to go with a CIAUDIO VDA.2 dac (a giant killer if there ever was one).

Jul 13, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben9999imsc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hagtech?

i dont think it is good enough

Depending on which model from Hagtech you are talking about. The Chime (now renamed as DA10) is a pretty decent USB DAC, but it is outside of your budget.

The Ultra Fi iRoc is another USB DAC that is worth mentioning. Although it is listed at ~US$1,500 you may try your luck at Audiogon auctions where occasionally one or two is available for auction and I observed that it closes at around US$700.

I have one and would say it is better than all the USB DAC I have heard so far - including a Stello DA100, Benchmark DAC1 USB, Grace Design M902, Bel Canto DAC3 (modified), and the Pico - all of which I owned and listened for a good period of time.

Just my 2 cents.

F. Lo

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 12
bumping this up as I am interested in a USB transport for my Lavry DA10...
what is so bad about the trends ud10?
Does the blue circle "thingie" output a better sound than the Hag, to make it $50 more?
Another in the running is the Audiomagus pop pulse...anyone heard them all?

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben9999imsc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
trend too much noise

Huh?
confused.gif

None that I can hear...

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending on which model from Hagtech you are talking about. The Chime (now renamed as DA10) is a pretty decent USB DAC, but it is outside of your budget.

The Ultra Fi iRoc is another USB DAC that is worth mentioning. Although it is listed at ~US$1,500 you may try your luck at Audiogon auctions where occasionally one or two is available for auction and I observed that it closes at around US$700.

I have one and would say it is better than all the USB DAC I have heard so far - including a Stello DA100, Benchmark DAC1 USB, Grace Design M902, Bel Canto DAC3 (modified), and the Pico - all of which I owned and listened for a good period of time.

Just my 2 cents.

F. Lo

I think the OP wants a USB -> SPDIF digital transport not a USB DAC, e.g. Hagtech's HagUSB.

Despite that fact, the Ultra Fi Iroc looks on paper just like a Scott Nixon USB Chibi at 6 times the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back