Looking for a upgrade from my current iems.
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cosmickat

New Head-Fier
I am looking to buy a new set of iem's but since I have only ever owned my current pair (Ibasso It01's) I am unsure what to get really, but I have been between the sets listed below. Also I'm open to any suggestions you might have! my budget is 350.00$ usd... but because of where I live I have to use amazon because they have drop boxes in my area.

Ibasso am05

Moondrop kxxs

Moondrop blessing 2. (original blessing 2's)

or any other IEM's you want to recommend that I can find on amazon.

I would like something with a bit more sound stage but I'm still new to the hobby so I really don't know what I want yet or what I'm looking for. These will be for home use only really and for music. It said to post what I listen to but I listen to everything. jazz, metal (and all of it's subgenres. deathmetal, metalcore, grindcore, tech death, etc.), all edm except dub step, classical, country, pop, punk, folk. so I don't know if that will help with this post but the post guide thing said to add some of this info.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 3
I had the KXXS and the sound was great but they were too large for my ears. Got painful within less than the average album. The best sounding IEM I've heard. If I were in the market for an IEM right now , I would probably get the fiio fh5 at $200 on amzn. Remember to check your pockets before you do the laundry😔 yeah thats why i dont buy iems over like $60 nowadays....its not funny at all

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 3
I am looking to buy a new set of iem's but since I have only ever owned my current pair (Ibasso It01's) I am unsure what to get really, but I have been between the sets listed below. Also I'm open to any suggestions you might have! my budget is 350.00$ usd... but because of where I live I have to use amazon because they have drop boxes in my area.

Ibasso am05

Moondrop kxxs

Moondrop blessing 2. (original blessing 2's)

or any other IEM's you want to recommend that I can find on amazon.

I would like something with a bit more sound stage but I'm still new to the hobby so I really don't know what I want yet or what I'm looking for. These will be for home use only really and for music. It said to post what I listen to but I listen to everything. jazz, metal (and all of it's subgenres. deathmetal, metalcore, grindcore, tech death, etc.), all edm except dub step, classical, country, pop, punk, folk. so I don't know if that will help with this post but the post guide thing said to add some of this info.

Do check out the Tanchjim Oxygen. It can be an endgame single DD midFI set for some, this set melds great timbre, technicalities and tonality.

The Moondrop Kato is slightly less technical, but has a very nice tonality and timbre also, and is cheaper. This set has 2 tuning nozzles to change the sound signature a bit, it has more body and subbass than the Oxygen, but less treble/air and smaller soundstage than the Oxygen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back