looking for a toslink optical cable?
Dec 27, 2001 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 10
hop by your local electronics store, they'll have what you need (RadioShack or similar for instance or whatevere place that sells walkmans and dishwashers). you can spend more, but when you're going to record and compress stuff, I don't see the need for anythign too fancy.

Dec 28, 2001 at 6:00 AM Post #4 of 10
Hosa. I am a digital cable sceptic, so cheap is good. If you want online, try zZounds ...alright, that didn't work, but anyway, go down to your local Guitar Center, and get the ADAT cable "OPT-102 Fiber-optic cable, 0.6M" (yes, it's the same thing). Other lengths are available, but are more expensive.

ADAT fiber-optic cable the same thing.

Uh...Jude...why is that funny? Sorry, gotta ask, 've been down that road before...not that it matters...

Dec 28, 2001 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 10
I just ordered a 2.5m Toslink cable from Core Sound (http://www.core-sound.com/toslink-cables.html) for $15 plus shipping. (yes - $15!)

I had previously ordered a long length of coaxial cable from them for a similarly bargain basement price and the quality was excellent.

Jan 6, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 10
Van Den Hul make a first class optical cable in a variety of terminations.
It does appear to "sound" better than all the others I have heard!

Jan 10, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 10
I got a toslink cable for 12 Canadian pesos at Long & McQuade! you'll need the miniplug adapter as well of course. Hmm, there's more skeptics about premium toslinks here eh? Maybe somebody would like to explain how an expensive optical cable has improved their listening. Anyone?

(*hit this thread is old)

Jan 10, 2002 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by morphsci
But then again, I'm a born sceptic.

Well in that case, after my experiences, you can think of me as a born-again skeptic. (Note spelling -- I don't think you meant sceptic, as in tank. OTOH, maybe you did. EDIT: cancel that comment. I was thinking of "septic" -- sceptic is a perfectly valid variant of skeptic. Leaving it in because it was stupid/funny.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back