Looking for a portable player that only plays music!
Sep 26, 2008 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

outlandos

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have an iPod Touch.

But I have bought Klipsch Image X10 and I am looking for a better source!

I am also buying a new phone soon (HTC Touch HD) which plays video's and carries an internet browser and more.

So I am selling my iPod Touch and I am looking for a new player, which got at least 30GB and has got a great SQ. I prefer not to have any other stuff on it, like video or internet. This machine is all about music and it's quality.

What can you advice me to buy?

My budget is somewhere around $200, a little bit more doesnt matter, but cheaper would be better!
dt880smile.png

Thanks for reading!

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 6
In your place I would probably stick with the Touch unless you really need more capacity and then spend the money on a good amp and lod unless that gets physically to big for your use (the reason I no longer carry a rig like that).

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In your place I would probably stick with the Touch unless you really need more capacity and then spend the money on a good amp and lod unless that gets physically to big for your use (the reason I no longer carry a rig like that).

I do like to keep things easy and portable. So my rig will be: MP3-player + Klipsch X10

No amps or whatever!

I listen to dance/pop most of the time.

What do you think will be the best player SQ wise for me?

Is the iPod Touch's SQ so good?
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #4 of 6
I have only ever had iPod's (apart from a JVC player antonyfirst had last summer which is probably the best headphone out from a dap I've heard) so can't really recomend anything else. Also I have not heard the Touch but expect it to be similar to the iPhone which to me is good enough for on the road use. I used to carry a 3rd gen Nano with a Xin SuperMini amp and that was clearly better if the surrundings where quiet enough but the convenience of just the iPhone to replace both the music rig and my phone won over the better sound as I'm rarely in a quiet enough environment to benefit from the extra quality. When I am I have one of my 2 hotel room rigs instead and like them better than any incarnation of dap rig I've had till date including an original iMod with Xin Reference amp. Of all my iPods to me the best headphone out was that on the original 1st gen Shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back