Looking for a player that has a line out to my DAC, supports FLAC, and has either expandable media or Network Access.
Dec 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DaggothReborn

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm removing my PC from my setup. My Current setup was: PC>>Schiit Bifrost DAC>>Schiit Valhalla>>Headphoens. Now, I am looking for a method of playing my FLAC Files. I want it to have a true dedicated Line Out to either via Optical or Coaxial.

Thoughts?

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 4
FYI, you're not looking for 'line out,' which would be an analog output at line level, you're looking for an S/PDIF output if you're looking for a digital signal path. Someone else can chime in on what the best options are for music server type units, the few I've used have left me embracing my computer after experiencing their UI/UX...

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 4
http://store.sony.com/500gb-hi-res-music-player-system-zid27-HAPS1//cat-27-catid-All-Res-Audio?vva_ColorCode=000000&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

http://store.sony.com/hi-res-music-player-with-1tb-hdd-zid27-HAPZ1ES/cat-27-catid-All-Res-Audio?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 4
that is a sexy Pre Amp, 

you said your removing your PC from the set up, so what are you going to be using to hold all of your music? You mention Media Accesses, I wonder if you can stream 16bit flacs wirelessly through a local network... or would you be transfering all your music from your PC onto another device.. it may be wise to move all of your music to a external hard drive, and find a Pre Amp that is usb combatible. Oh hey the iBasso DX50 is usb compatible! Ppl have had success using the dx50 to play m usic off self powered 1TB external drives, so you could with that direction. Get something like a Dx50 and run all your music from a self powered external hard drive. Not sure how long the Read Times are on the DX50 with a TB of music [could be upwards of 10mins] but that's not longer than your already waiting for your tube to warm up... but the DX 50 lacks a digital line out

May I ask what your budget is btw? 

You could encode everything to CD and get your self a nice CD player for around $400 or so... but then there is the time and cost of burning CD's 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back