Looking for a place to get Sennheiser 600 metal grills for my Senn 580s
Apr 30, 2004 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Shizokrolik

New Head-Fier
I remember reading a thread with a link to some place that sold 600 metal grills for around $9-12. Looks cool and makes 580s sound more open. Now that the search function is disabled, I can't find the thread. Any help will be appreciated.

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 53
How would that work exactly?

The grille of the HD580 is fully plasticised, and non detachable, or do you mean the whole assembly? - even then, the shape of the rear of the unit is different to that of the HD600, so iirc, this will not fit onto an HD580 headband?!

Cheers

Duncan

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #3 of 53
Well, according to that thread it can be easily done. Don't ask me how, I can't find the thread, therefore I can't buy the grills, therefore I can't check if they will fit
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 53
Dont be fooled. There IS NO SONIC difference. Take away the 580 grille and listen to your music. Put them back on the listen again.

If you can hear the difference then I must recommend you for a "most sensitive ears" award.

Of course - I can understand wanting to do this for a more "cosmetic" reason. If this is the case why not get a DIY solution that looks more interesting. Re-Paint the 580 in a better colour using high quality paints. get a black paint scheme and a chrome grille...truly ghetto
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers!

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
Yes and some people will tell you building a NASCAR engine from scratch is like a walk in the park? Please do not make things up for laughs.

Was that a shot at me or at gsferrari... I'm confused...

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
Yes and some people will tell you building a NASCAR engine from scratch is like a walk in the park? Please do not make things up for laughs.

What I suggested is something anybody can do if they want to.

Besides - I think the HD-580 and 600 look hideous. The 650 is the only decent looking sennheiser without being too "wannabe" in its color scheme.

All you need is :-

1] Sandpaper of different grit
2] The paint of your choice
3] Plenty of water and the right buffer (soap)
4] Compressed air paint spray can
5] Conventional oven for baking (look on the web for instructions)
6] Clear paint for the lustrous look and the final protective layer (also needs baking)

Remember to remove cables, foam, drivers etc.

I will paint the HD-580 for you if you like...But I will first paint one of my own headphones and post the results on teh web before taking up other projects
tongue.gif

LOL

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:21 AM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizokrolik
Tell me where that thread went, and I'll post a comparison between the 580 and 600 grills.

I don't know the exact thread, but I copied down the relavent information:
Quote:

Phone: 860.434.9190 (in CT)
Ask for: HD600 Decorative Grille
part no. 74573
Cost: $2.66 ea. + $4 shipping

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizokrolik
bralack and tortie:
Finally, useful info rather than useless opinions. Thanks a lot!

LOL.
biggrin.gif
Pls forgive them as its late in the evening there or early in the morning right now...sleepy posters are the worst!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back