Looking for a place to get Sennheiser 600 metal grills for my Senn 580s
Apr 30, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #16 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizokrolik
I function quite well when sleepy... Didn't go to medical school for nothing.

Laid your hands on a few bottles of the good stuff eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #17 of 53
Yes, please post a reply of the results. What I'm confused about is that over at headphoneclub.com, there are photos that show the difference between the 580 and 600's insides. Unfortunately the server isn't responding, but here are the pictures:
HD-580, HD-600, HD-650.
I was always under the belief that the insides are essentially the same.
confused.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Hmm.. think we can make a headphone modding show on Discovery channel a la "American Chopper"?
smily_headphones1.gif

OCC Baby! I love that fregan show!

Sorry, of no relevance whatsoever...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #19 of 53
Shizokrolik...

...I'm rather optimistic about your idea. The only acoustically relevant differences between HD 580 and HD 600 are the rear grill -- which is more air/sound permeable with the HD 600 -- and the latter's finer fabric covering the baffle. I'm sure the HD 580's plastic grill and the increased reflections it causes is responsible for most if not all of the sonic differences -- which do exist as far as my memory serves regarding the HD 580 I had years ago.

peacesign.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #20 of 53
shizokrolik,

No you aren't going crazy because I remember the thread you are talking about too. It was here only a couple of weeks ago. I also believe it was Nielpert who did the mod with great ease.

Apr 30, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ

...I'm rather optimistic about your idea.

Well, it's not exactly my idea. It's NeilPeart's idea. Silly sennheiser folks have the grill listed as "decorative element, oval" and can't verify if it's for HD 600. Well, it better be the right one.

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #23 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeplin

No you aren't going crazy because I remember the thread you are talking about too. It was here only a couple of weeks ago. I also believe it was Nielpert who did the mod with great ease.

Too bad nobody had it bookmarked. I pm'ed NeilPeart and even he doesn't have a link to the thread. Is the search function ever coming back?

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #24 of 53
Quote:

Too bad nobody had it bookmarked. I pm'ed NeilPeart and even he doesn't have a link to the thread. Is the search function ever coming back?

Yes it surely will
biggrin.gif
Hopefiully within a week or two.

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

More like got used to 36 hour shifts when you are on call...

36 hours!?!?!
eek.gif

Yeah...I dont see that much time all at once too often but I havent slept more than 4 hours the last 4 days and I think its starting to take hold of me.

The reason I suggested a paint job is that the 600 grille is black and the 580's are a hideous blue/grey...a black painted 580 will be awesome...

If someone will send me their cans I will paint it for them and if I screw up I will buy them a new one...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
If someone will send me their cans I will paint it for them and if I screw up I will buy them a new one...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Hmm, I think getting 2 black grills for $9.32 from SennUSA is still a better proposition than shipping my cans back and forth... Unless lindrone agrees to match your offer, I can drive to San Jose... no problem there.

Or I should have posted this before I spent a week in Tampa. Just came back three days ago, burnt and shedding skin like a snake. Could have spent my time more productively watching you paint the giant black clamp I'm wearing on my head right now.

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #27 of 53
After you get those grille covers,
why don't you try to paint Sennheiser logo on the grille like HD595 in white or light grey!!!
That truly looks awesome!!!

May 11, 2004 at 11:42 AM Post #28 of 53
Now that the search function is operational, I have located the thread and the pertinant information:

Call this number: (860) 434-9190 (in CT) and ask for the "HD600 Decorative Grill," part # 74573. The grills are $2.66 each the shipping is $4.00, so the total price for me was $9.32, which I paid with my credit card. The package arrived about a week later.

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...8&page=5&pp=25

May 11, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #30 of 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Back