Looking for a pair of open back headphones
May 29, 2015 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bcd127

Head-Fier
So, I have for a long time now lived in a house hold that is very busy and loud and because of that have never owned a pair of open back headphones. So That is what I am looking for! I have a pair of Shure SHR840's and love how they sound so anything similar to that is welcome. I want them to be comfortable and durable. I don't have any amp or anything like that to run them, so if its possible, I don't want to have to get one, but if i have to I will. I'd like to stick to ~$200-$300 and I'm not willing to go much over that. So please refrain from giving suggestions that are $350+. Thank you everyone for being a great community!

May 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 8
You might like the Beyerdynamic DT990. It would need an amp, though. Given that you can get one for $170, you could afford to get an amp to go with it: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ/

May 29, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 8
 Quote:
You might like the Beyerdynamic DT990. It would need an amp, though. Given that you can get one for $170, you could afford to get an amp to go with it: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ/

Alright, cool. Thank you. Can you point me in a direction of an amp that would work? I'm pretty much ignorant about amps. I've heard good stuff about the whole magni/modi thing but thats about it.

May 29, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Once nice thing about the DT990. You know how the SHR840s tend to roll of in bass such that not much low end sub bass response? The DT990s don't. So any kind of deep bass music would be a whole new experience for you :)

As to headphone amps, would you be using it with a phone? A computer? A tablet? What kind of source devices (make/model)?

May 30, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 8
Once nice thing about the DT990. You know how the SHR840s tend to roll of in bass such that not much low end sub bass response? The DT990s don't. So any kind of deep bass music would be a whole new experience for you :)

As to headphone amps, would you be using it with a phone? A computer? A tablet? What kind of source devices (make/model)?

Sorry for the slow response. That's awesome! I'm pretty much sold at this point. I'd be using them on a regular ole desktop pc. That's about it. I don't have a dedicated sound card or anything.

Would a Schiit Magni work?

May 30, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #7 of 8
A Magni would work great
smily_headphones1.gif

Great. I'm talking to a guy about one now. Thank you for the help! I am so excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back