Looking for a pair of noise cancelling headphones for all genres.
Apr 24, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #16 of 35
Denon don't make those anymore but you can still find some new ones around, last time I looked on ebay some were quite cheap but today  i could only find some for $300. My brother has Sony nc phones and loves those.

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 35
Sorry, been away for a while.  With the Sony NC60 you can just use the NC function, or listen to music without the NC function if the AAA battery dies. I have to say the NC function is pretty good. 

I just got some of the Panasonic RP HC720 NC headphones.  They are nice and sound pretty good in all aspects, but I'm not sure if they NC as well as the sony NC 60's.  It will cancel out the sound of the fan in the bathroom somewhat, but not as well as the Sonys.  I think they sound a little better in terms of overall sound quality but not sure how they will hold up on a plane.  The cans are also smaller than the sony ones and after a long time, im not sure if they will hurt my ears.  They look and sound good tho.

May 12, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #21 of 35
Hi guys first of all thanks for all the ideas and comments. Here is a list of headphones and prices that I am looking towards, if you could please comment which one you think is best it would be appreciated.

Bose qc 15- $300
Audio technica ANC7b- $134
Polk audio ultra focus 8000- $300
Denon ah nc800- $339
Sony nc60- $279

Noise cancellation is important but is not the final factor.
Ps. The best headphones I have owned are the sennheiser hd 201 so I will be easily impressed with sq.

Thanks for all the help.

May 12, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #22 of 35
Hi guys first of all thanks for all the ideas and comments. Here is a list of headphones and prices that I am looking towards, if you could please comment which one you think is best it would be appreciated.

Bose qc 15- $300
Audio technica ANC7b- $134
Polk audio ultra focus 8000- $300
Denon ah nc800- $339
Sony nc60- $279

Noise cancellation is important but is not the final factor.
Ps. The best headphones I have owned are the sennheiser hd 201 so I will be easily impressed with sq.

Thanks for all the help.

May 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #25 of 35
in my opinion, noise canceling for Bose qc 15 is unsurpassed.

sound quality is basiclly superb across the entire range, particularly at bass level.

the only shortcoming though is that it becomes totallly retired either when the battery is out or anc is switched off.

May 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:
Thanks I have been thinking about this for ages. Also the sennheiser mm 550-x is only $289 on amazon and from what I've read they sound nice.

I just got to see someone in sennheiser mm 550-x earlier today. it can be considered a cutting edge ascoutic gadget when incorporeated with Apt-X and ANC.

it makes me really envious that you can get to find out the difference between wire and Apt-X before me.
L3000.gif

May 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #29 of 35
In terms of noise cancelling, able planet clear harmony is only comparable to QC1.
I don't think there is any phone can beat QC15 in noise cancelling ability.

All NC phones suffer in audio quality due to the NC no matter which technology they are using.
To me, the most important part for NC phones is NC ability.
You can always get a non-NC phone for critical listening with any budget level.

Quote:
also there is the

audio technica anc9- $299
able planet clear harmony- $145

please reply

thanks

May 23, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #30 of 35
thanks everyone.

I think i might go with the audio technica anc 7b and then upgrade later if i feel it is lacking in the sound quality.
also could i buy say a fiio e11 amp to add to the sound quality when the anc is switched off?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back