Looking for a pair of IEM
Jan 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Duck-Sauce

New Head-Fier
Hey!

My SE310 died some months ago and I tried the Monster Beat but wasn't satisfied (they hurt in-ear ><).
So now I am searching new ear-phones to use it with my mp3. I don't really know what should be better for me, I mostly listen to house music, trance, rap, hip-hop or rock sometimes. I guess I like basses 
gs1000.gif
 but not too much. I tried some bose headphone and sometimes it was a bit too much as if the low were only present...

I was looking for the SE425. I can't spend much more than 300$ 

Thanks for suggestions!

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 14
Earsonics SM3. I have seen great reviews around here some claiming they are the holy grail of universals. I am receiving my pair soon.

You find them used around here for $300.

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 14
Do you absolutely need to wear them like this:
http://www.touchmyapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/HPR-Earsonics-SM3-fit.jpg

or you can wear them like the I-pod one by example (not behind the ear). 

Thanks for your suggestion :)

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #4 of 14
They are designed to be behind the ear but it looks like you could wear it "normally" if you wanted to. Problem is that is looks like if you do that they would not be "secured". They are arriving TODAY (OMGYESSSS) so I'll give you my impressions by tonight.

Jan 29, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 14
I would stay away from the SE420 , it would not do Justice to your type of music , the klipsch custom 3 would be a good choice and is well within your budget or the tf10 would be another good choice .

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
Do you absolutely need to wear them like this:
http://www.touchmyapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/HPR-Earsonics-SM3-fit.jpg

or you can wear them like the I-pod one by example (not behind the ear). 

Thanks for your suggestion :)

I was also afraid of wearing IEMs behind the ear before I bought my SM3s and in fact tried it. Turned out they are rather comfortable and easy to fit.

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 14
They didn't arrive today. They are sitting in my damn local post office 12 miles away, since 10am this morning. I get mail at 2pm. Why didn't it arrive? Because it is USPS. 

Impressions Monday, sorry. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 14
It`s all good if it`s the fault of USPS :)

Thanks for the suggestion, will look at that. If the comment on the SM3 is favorable I might get it 
cool.gif

My old earphones miss me... Tired to not have music in the metro!

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
I would stay away from the SE420 , it would not do Justice to your type of music , the klipsch custom 3 would be a good choice and is well within your budget or the tf10 would be another good choice .

Hey I can have the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones for 190$! Would you take them at that price? Are they comfortable and as good as the SM3?

The rebate isn`t valid for me :frowning2: oh well

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 14
Maybe have a look at the dynamic IEMs kings like the ie8, mtpc, RE262? For bass presentation you cant beat the punch of a driver that actually moves air compared to ba ones.

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #11 of 14
The SM3's cannot be worn "normally". But you can wear it so that the cable does not go around your ear but straight down. But that is pointless since they won't fit as snugly. 

Oh, by the way, the SM3's arrived. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #12 of 14
I think you can buy two IEMs under this budget and they willbe upgrade over SE310 like Radius DDM are bass heavy yet very detailed and it can be use when you want more bass. Second DBA-02 are very detailed in mids and highs with good amount of bass but not bass heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back