looking for a "nightclub in my ears" sound
Jan 10, 2010 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

gamekid

New Head-Fier
i need an IEM that will do this for me
tongue.gif

im a bass head, it is all about the bass. but i still appreciate quality bass. i want the bass to be powerful and possibly overwhelming to some, but i still want the mids to be there.

and i need something that can be loud
biggrin.gif
. my ears should nearly be hurting before the IEMS are being overpowered and sounding sucky.

cost is somewhat of an issue but i dont really know what a good pair that can do this will cost. dont limit to this price range but im thinking $50 to $100 should suffice.

i never had IEMS before, i dont want to spend too much money on them because i have a feeling i will end up breaking them somehow - at least before i get my money's worth if i spend too much -
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #2 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i need an IEM that will do this for me
tongue.gif

im a bass head, it is all about the bass. but i still appreciate quality bass. i want the bass to be powerful and possibly overwhelming to some, but i still want the mids to be there.

and i need something that can be loud
biggrin.gif
. my ears should nearly be hurting before the IEMS are being overpowered and sounding sucky.

cost is somewhat of an issue but i dont really know what a good pair that can do this will cost. dont limit to this price range but im thinking $50 to $100 should suffice.

i never had IEMS before, i dont want to spend too much money on them because i have a feeling i will end up breaking them somehow - at least before i get my money's worth if i spend too much -
very_evil_smiley.gif

having iems really loud is seriously not good for your ears. can you say hearing damage? Since you never had iem's am I correct in assuming that you have only used earbuds? iem's work differently in that the majority of them do isolate from fairly well to really well. That being said, they do not need to have the volumed turned up because of their isolation. Regardless of what you get I suggest you not turn it up to the point where your ears will hurt since that will make you lose your hearing eventually in the future.

I will however suggest the S4 as that is the only iem I've tried that gives you that kind of feeling. It gives you good bass and is within your budget at $79 shipped.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 30
I don't think you can find an IEM over 50 bucks that you could stand with the volume turned all the way up and not have your ears bleed. Once you try them out you will understand. The S4 by Klipsch is a easy to find phone with bass that can make you feel that way if used with a good source.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #4 of 30
Audio Technica ATH-CKS70 sounds like it might be what you are looking for. I am still listening to mine before I post my impressions, but one thing I can say for sure is that they have major bass impact. They are certainly not lacking in that department at all, and I think they will satisfy the type of person that likes the thud a 15 inch subwoofer can make you feel in your chest. They also have good sound though out the rest of the spectrum too. I would say that they slightly sound better and have as much bass impact/tighter bass than the Sennheiser HD 212pros, and those have all the bass even a serious bass head could want. Maybe not as tight and accurate as some others, but it more than makes up for that the the bass impact department (if you're into that sort of thing.)

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 30
Ultimate Ears superfi5 extended bass will probably give you the experience you desire, if you could extend your budget

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksu06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly above your price range, but the JVC-Victor FX500 sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

I would describe the FX500 as warm and organic, and not particularly bassy. I think they are great IEM's, but not what I would consider a basshead phone.

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #11 of 30
Klipsch S4. Be careful.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would describe the FX500 as warm and organic, and not particularly bassy. I think they are great IEM's, but not what I would consider a basshead phone.

Not particularly bassy?? Are we talking about the same IEMs?

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #13 of 30
Turbines. They manage to remain balanced despite the strong bass and have the speed to bring it all together. Mediocre deal at the $180 MSRP but pretty darn good for the current $75 amazon price.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Turbines. They manage to remain balanced despite the strong bass and have the speed to bring it all together. Mediocre deal at the $180 MSRP but pretty darn good for the current $75 amazon price.

Turbine still shows ~$100 at amazon for me. Didn't think they dropped to $75 regularly already.
Btw, for fairly cheap price, huge bass quantity (but not good bass quality, and bad everything else), skullcandy FMJ does that.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #15 of 30
^ They come with a $25 amazon gift card if purchased directly from amazon (or at least they did when I looked yesterday). I guess I consider that $75 since I'm a pretty regular amazon user.

I prefer the SK Titans but I only heard the FMJ briefly. Titans are decent for $20 but nothing special in the grand scheme of things. If I wanted bass on the cheap it would be the Senn CX250 or Lenntek Sonix Micro
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back