Looking for a new IEM in the $75 to $300+ price range
Jun 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MagellanR14

100+ Head-Fier
I am a hiphop head but listen to all kinds of music (metal, rock, dubstep, etc.). I dont want a bleeding base but I want it to be fun... I also love nice highs so I can hear the singing in songs nicely. Additionally, isolation is fairly important to me. I don't really know what to look at, so suggestions of any kind are welcome. So far I have looked into the Westone UM3X, Sennheiser IE80, Westone W4, Shure SE425, Shure SE315, VSone GRO7 MK2 (very diverse-I know).

Thanks a lot.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 4
Pretty random bunch...what about Fischer Audio DBA-02, RockIt sounds r-50?  What about TripleFi 10's?  I had a pair that I lost one ear of and ended up rebuying them.  They have pretty solid base and great highs. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 4
If you want to hear the vocals well, I'm pretty sure your focus should be the mids. I think most vocals fall into the mids category. The UM3X do vocals well and have good bass, pretty well controlled but still thumpy and fun. Highs are a little tame, but still detailed. GR07 should be good too, a bit more balanced from what I remember. The UM3X also isolate better, at least with foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back